WTB: RISA Stick Soprano

EssexRiver

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Anyone have a Risa Soprano they'd like to send to a good home? Specifically looking for one with GPTs.

I'd like to be able to practice quietly at night and when I'm in hotels.

Thanks!

Jon

My advice is buy new if you cannot guarantee the ability to return the used instrument. Or ask to see macro pictures of the frets. Two out of three used sticks I have purchased have had bad fret leveling done to them for no apparent reason.

http://www.ukuleleworld.com/risa/

My advice is buy new if you cannot guarantee the ability to return the used instrument. Or ask to see macro pictures of the frets. Two out of three used sticks I have purchased have had bad fret leveling done to them for no apparent reason.

Wow, great advice. Thanks! I'm going to come see you in your shop one of these days when I'm in Milford...which is pretty regularly.

Ukuleleworld is the same seller that has the OBO on eBay right now. I have no affiliation with this seller other than one ukulele purchased from them via eBay, and that transaction went perfectly.

Wow, great advice. Thanks! I'm going to come see you in your shop one of these days when I'm in Milford...which is pretty regularly.

As a heads up I'm doing the semi retired thing for the last three or four years now. Its getting quite rare to just pop in and see me but I do still tattoo and pierce. Just let me know through a PM here or have my artist Jamie give me a call. I'm usually only 10 - 15 minutes away. Even if your just looking to have a cup o joe and a conversation.

~peace~

I think Risa SOPRANO sticks are reasonably priced brand new.

The international shipping is quite reasonable from www.ukulele.de

Just make sure you make an account with your location set to your home country.
It will then deduct 19% off the listed price, due to tax exemption (VAT)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help, everyone.

Still hoping to find one used with GPTs. Had an offer for an older one with friction tuners, but I'm still on the fence about friction tuners. I had one uke with friction tuners that absolutely drove me crazy, but they work fine on my Fluke.

Kissing, it IS a good deal to buy from www.ukulele.de after the conversion to USD and including shipping, it's well below everywhere else I've seen them. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction there. If I don't find one soon, I'll probably go that route.

I bought one from their German website a couple years ago - it was cheaper than most places with the 19% off VAT and the Euro/Dollar exchange rate. Shipping was fairly quick too (I think it was here to Phoenix in under 2 weeks).

Still hoping to find one used with GPTs. Had an offer for an older one with friction tuners, but I'm still on the fence about friction tuners. I had one uke with friction tuners that absolutely drove me crazy, but they work fine on my Fluke.

Kissing, it IS a good deal to buy from www.ukulele.de after the conversion to USD and including shipping, it's well below everywhere else I've seen them. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction there. If I don't find one soon, I'll probably go that route.

The reason for that is probably because ukulele.de = Risa.

It's run by Rigk Sauer, owner of Risa himself ;)

Thanks again for the helpful input, everyone. I just decided this morning to order a Uke-Ellie direct from Rigk at Risa. I like the more traditional headstock and I know Grover 4W tuners, although friction, are pretty smooth. I'd imagine it'll be a pretty straightforward upgrade to UPTs if I decide I can't live with the Grovers. I'll post a review once I've had it for awhile.

Thanks again for the helpful input, everyone. I just decided this morning to order a Uke-Ellie direct from Rigk at Risa. I like the more traditional headstock and I know Grover 4W tuners, although friction, are pretty smooth. I'd imagine it'll be a pretty straightforward upgrade to UPTs if I decide I can't live with the Grovers. I'll post a review once I've had it for awhile.

Excellent choice. I think I would have liked to try out one of those (you almost never ever see them though - I think UU Tootler may have one but that's about it - there is literally almost no information or videos online for them).
But I think the more traditional shape/feel would be good. I mean it's still small/ travel-friendly with the Uke'Ellie.
Please do post pics / review when you get it.

Top Bottom