How do I remove an old Poll?

decaturcomp

Reaction score
I'd appreciate a bit of help with this.
It was fun but now the poll is casting a pall over my forum?
I've looked for a removal tool but can't seem to bump into it.

Help?

I think only mods can close or remove threads. Maybe click on the report to mod triangle on your original post on the thread, and leave a message that as the OP you'd like the thread removed?

Post the URL and I'll take care of it . . .

Alan - are you talking about the Island/Misfits thread? Do you want to kill the entire thread with ALL the entries therein, or just remove the poll from the thread???

Thanks Booli (and everyone).
I'd just like to remove the poll.
The Island is actually sort of a fun place and we all enjoy our visits there.

Alan - are you talking about the Island/Misfits thread? Do you want to kill the entire thread with ALL the entries therein, or just remove the poll from the thread???

Thanks Booli (and everyone).
I'd just like to remove the poll.
The Island is actually sort of a fun place and we all enjoy our visits there.

Alan -

I'm not sure of the admin or back-end for the forum, and maybe it's just me, but deleting things used by a group makes me nervous (years in the trenches of IT as server admin) but you might want to be absolutely clear that you want to kill the poll and not the thread attached to the poll.

(or maybe just quote my post and say what he said ^)

The above is just a gentle suggestion since I am only trying to help prevent bad things from happening later on...

Mahalo!

I looked to see if there was a way to delete the Poll without killing the thread and couldn't find any. You may have to inquire with Admin regarding the removal of the Poll only.

When I finally worked out how to post a poll, there was a box I ticked that had the length of time you wanted the poll to run, I suggest going back to your original post to see if you can edit that bit.

When I finally worked out how to post a poll, there was a box I ticked that had the length of time you wanted the poll to run, I suggest going back to your original post to see if you can edit that bit.
There are no options to delete the poll only to edit certain items ...

I would think the poll belongs to all the people who participated. Is it really necessary to remove something one it's out there. That's like deleted someone else's post in a way. It's deleting their "vote".

Yeah...

On another thought can you edit the poll to make it active for a longer time or indefinitely?

Top Bottom