new passion...

La Perdrix

Reaction score
after nearly 3 years playing ukulele, which is my first instrument, I started guitar 3 months ago... wanted another spaces, another vibrations... so I bought a parlor guitar...
it's hard... harder than ukulele... but I keep trying...

Good job! You have a great voice to go with your uke and Guitar playing.

From a long life of playing all kinds of instruments I'll say this: You will always be a better musician if you play a second instrument. Each instrument will teach you things about the others. For example, the piano & mandolin with their orthogonal arrangements of notes can help with music theory. The guitar can answer the ukulele question, "What if I had base notes, too?" and the ukulele can answer the guitar question, "what would the flow of these chords be like if I didn't have to worry about bass chords?" And much, much more.

pick on!

thank you ! and that is so true... I've only begun to understand it... so I can already feel that the journey through practicing will be passionate...

great video. your delivery is very emotional. I have multiple passions also so I can empathize, but the only musical one is the uke. Sooner or later I plan on learning keyboard so I can accompany the uke with bass lines.

well I must admit that today I play much more guitar than ukulele, which still surprises me because ukulele was such a great passion, with a tremendous UAS (about 50 ukes bought and sold)...!
so you can't know : maybe you've only learned ukulele to add later to your keyboard music...!

great video. your delivery is very emotional. I have multiple passions also so I can empathize, but the only musical one is the uke. Sooner or later I plan on learning keyboard so I can accompany the uke with bass lines.

Kala makes a U-Bass. Unless you are set on learning a new instrument. In that case, more power to you. =)

BTW La Perdrix, I enjoyed the song very much. You have a very warm and soothing tone in your voice. Nice work.

Last edited:
thank you Johnson...

in France Pascal Comelade is known to compose music with toy instruments...

Top Bottom