Sopran Koaloha Opio or Ken Timms style 0?

unrealdark

Reaction score
I have recently sold my beautiful Ohana sk38 because a friend of mine fell madly in love with it.
Now I'm searching for another sopran.
Ken or koaloha or ... X?
Thank you.

He's got a few on ebay right now, I've bought one =)!

I'd get a Timms, definitely. The look and sound is so classic.

I would go Timms, too. KoAloha is wonderful, but it is also readily available. One day, a Timms will be like a unicorn sighting. The KoAloha and other K brands can be bought down the road if needed.

Last edited:
I have a KoAloha, and love it.

And after attempting about 10 times to get a Timms on eBay, I gave up.

Sorta.

Ken has four of them on ebay right now, give it a go! I managed to buy a "second" with an aesthetic blemish (a knot on the neck, it actually looks pretty cool). From the looks of it you might be able to get one of the remaining four for less than I paid, which in itself was an absolute bargain! It will be delivered this week =)!

Thank you very much.
Yesterday, someone offered me a Kanile'a K1C + case in a very good condition: 450 € / 514 $ all included.
It is not a Soprano but I'm seriously considering it as a good alternative.
If I cant get a Timms. What do you think about this?
Thanks.

Last edited:
If you can buy a Timms you will not regret it ever and, one day they will be as highly considered as vintage Martins.

Congratulations unrealdark :)! Now the both of us are awaiting our Timms' ukes!

Congrats. Mine is celebrating its first birthday this month and the sound seems to have smoothed out a lot.

Thank you again, friends. I'm so impatient and excited now that I am tempted to...... buy another one. Haaa. Joke.
However, an Auction is ending at this moment with a very good price.
Thanks to Ken. He has sent it to me today. So fast.

Aye Ken was superfast with sending it, and I am impatiently waiting for mine as well :)...it MIGHT show up on friday (fingers crossed), but I lost the tracking once it left the UK for some reason :(.

Top Bottom