NUD KoALoha Concert

Congratulations! Unfortunately, I don't see any pictures either, using Internet Explorer.

Well, so far, the friction tuners on the KoAloha haven't been an issue...but the original strings are already well-settled-in and only required a micro-adjustment. I may change my mind when I do the first string change!

(Anyone know what brand strings KoAloha uses? This uke was manufactured in Nov. 2015. I think they sound pretty good, so I may want to stick with them for now.)

Well, so far, the friction tuners on the KoAloha haven't been an issue...but the original strings are already well-settled-in and only required a micro-adjustment. I may change my mind when I do the first string change!

(Anyone know what brand strings KoAloha uses? This uke was manufactured in Nov. 2015. I think they sound pretty good, so I may want to stick with them for now.)

I heard they use their own strings. I had an issue with the E string on mine. The top of the string peeled off a bit, I've never seen that happen to a string. It still sounds perfectly normal. It looked like there was a thin piece of hair or something on my fretboard so I pulled it a bit and it was the string fraying or splitting (not sure which word to use). Weird.

pretty sure they use Worth strings....but I like PHD strings(they were designed for Ko'aloha ukes and Daniel Ho) with a Fremont Soloist LowG....

Kyle, I had the same thing happen to my A string last week. I ended up changing out all of the strings to Oasis GPX. I'm getting used to them, and they sound fine but I'm not sure I like the feel of them. My original strings felt softer. I'd love to know how/where we can purchase the original strings.

pretty sure they use Worth strings....but I like PHD strings(they were designed for Ko'aloha ukes and Daniel Ho) with a Fremont Soloist LowG....

Ditto. I think the Worth CM are a pretty close match but I like PhDs on KoAlohas as well...if it is good enough for Daniel Ho. Hey Len, I really like that LaBella on the KoAloha but are you ever nervous using a wound string on a KoAloha? I always worry the tension will be too high on that uke.

Ditto. I think the Worth CM are a pretty close match but I like PhDs on KoAlohas as well...if it is good enough for Daniel Ho. Hey Len, I really like that LaBella on the KoAloha but are you ever nervous using a wound string on a KoAloha? I always worry the tension will be too high on that uke.

maybe the wound G would not work on your uke...do you have a plain LowG that you can put on? or maybe get info from Ko'aloha...pretty sure you got connections.....:)

Thanks for posting the pictures............didn't happen without pictures:p

Congratulations it really is a beautiful looking ukulele, love all the dark grain on front and the sap wood in the back. It is extra special because you got to pick out the ONE that spoke to you......at a uke fest..... from Mim. That's like the "trifecta" of ukuleledom!!!! (word) :music:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures............didn't happen without pictures:p

Congratulations it really is a beautiful looking ukulele, love all the dark grain on front and the sap wood in the back. It is extra special because you got to pick out the ONE that spoke to you......at a uke fest..... from Mim. That's like the "trifecta" of ukuleledom!!!! (word) :music:

Sort of a "perfect storm"! Being able to pick up, fondle, and play the instrument several times over two days was definitely a deciding factor. And, of course, Mim is a delight to deal with!

Top Bottom