SOTU 219 - I Guess They Oughta Name a Drink After You

Shady Wilbury

Reaction score
Hi, folks.

Please forgive me on both counts - early posting, and lack of host video. Out for dinner tonight, not sure what time I'll get back.

hqdefault.jpg

This week, we're celebrating John Prine, Steve Goodman and Chicago singer-songwriters. For those of you who write your own material, please pick your favourite theme treated by a Chicago songwriter, and express it in your own unique way.

Rules:

1. Season starts midnight Sunday, Hawaii time, and runs 'til 11:59pm Monday 2nd May Hawaii time.
2. Up to 3 entries per person.
3. Ukulele front and centre.

Prizes TBD - probably a UU Store giftcard for one winner.

Looking forward to hearing what you come up with! :)

Playlists

Entries
Bonuses

Last edited:
Is there a moderator in the house? This should be in the Seasons of the Ukulele sub-forum.

Casey ... fun theme!

Hey Casey -

My old stomping grounds! I assume this is for singer/songwriters who call Chicago home, and not just Chicago-born, right? I have one in mind.

This week, we're celebrating John Prine, Steve Goodman and Chicago singer-songwriters.
:)

My hometown! Sweet Home Chicago. Looking forward to singing something for you this week Shady.

ummmm....since I was born in Chicago can I write a song for this week?

Last edited:
Boy oh boy oh Boy! You sure know how to pick 'em Casey. Iam overjoyed. Now How do I pick just three songs!

Too funny ... I just did this Steve Goodman / John Prine song (yep, apparently they co-wrote it) last week for 217!

Chart in my Dropbox for anyone else who wants to bring it.

But no worries, Casey - I have the perfect song for you and this theme.

Thanks for this theme, Shady. I've heard a few Steve Goodman tunes through the years, but I never really knew who he was. Listening through his stuff tonight I really appreciate what an amazing wit and talent the guy had - what a shame he died so young.

Thanks for being so open to the theme, guys.

Sorry about the wrong forum - rather than repost, I'll see whether I can get a mod to move it. Looking forward to seeing what you bring.

PS: Songwriters - pick your favourite theme by a Chicago artist, and roll with it. :)

I can say with certainty that the most you are getting from me is one song this week. My god it's hard, but it's going straight into my list of favorites if I can pull it off. The Emaj7 to E riff sounds amazing!

Top Bottom