UkuleleJay's WORLDWIDE UKEJAM By The Internet on Bandhub.com (DO IT!)

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am starting a virtual "Worldwide UkeJam By The Internet"..the first of it's kind that is perpetual with no end date, 24/7/365, and it start's now!

if you have not heard of Bandhub.com it is a collaboration website that let's you record tracks with video using your webcam with other musicians. It's a slight learning curve but I am more than happy to teach anyone via SKYPE (we can even do a group Skype) to use it if you want. It's also free but the paid version is the way to go to get FX and some other features but do the free first to get used to it.

If you have a PC or MAC make sure you have the CHROME browser installed (you must use Chrome for the site to work correctly). You need a good quality microphone (Condenser works best like a BLUE Yeti USB) and you have a built in webcam (or better yet get a Logitech 920 HD 1080p usb webcam) then you'll have a fantastic setup but any decent computer mic and webcam will do.

I'd like to get a group of us UU diehards (some say blowhards!) together (we can do 4, 6, 8 people, 40 people!!!) and I will lay down a beginning track/video and then each person will record a track..some can just strum, some can pick melody, some can solo....it's all whatever you want that works. You can record in the privacy of your own home and no one see's you doing it until the final video is posted so you can make mistakes, record again until you are happy with the video and then you submit it.

All recordings would be submitted to me for review and if they work, I'll add them to the collaboration.

I have recorded with musicians all over the world playing many of my ukes (and singing). If you play another instrument (guitar, harmonica, whatever) you can lay down a uke track and then do another one with another instrument.

Check out UKULELEJAY on Bandhub.com and follow me and send me a PM that you want to collaborate. Make sure to provide your email and I'll get a list going so when I post a new song, I can let folks know. I'll pick some songs that we can start playing and I think you'll have a new addiction.

I have recorded Russian songs, Danish songs, and I'm the uke when everyone else is guitar, drums, whatever. I have made new friends across the globe which was never possible before Bandhub...and I still can't speak Russian or Danish but can sure play with em!

I have no affiliation with Bandhub, just a big fan and I just paid to be a premium member to support the developers. You get to use effects like reverb and compression all built into the web tool. It's free as well but I think they are starting to pump commercials on the free accounts, but I always pay to support folks like this who provide an incredible service to the music community.

If you are interested, please PM me and then let's start a perpetual UkeJam By The Internet.

I hope you'll join me very soon. Here are a few things I have done but I have a ton of others on there.

Under the Boardwalk: https://bandhub.com/s/56f58ac0931bf98519254a87

Stormy Monday: I recorded two tracks and did some blues vocals
https://bandhub.com/s/5495e38a4ab7e9bb28734ce2

Do you want to be part of the Worldwide UkeJam By The Internet?...join me and let's make the largest collection of collaborative ukulele music in the world!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Falling In Love With You - "The Eagle" Compass Rose Octave Ukulele

https://bandhub.com/s/551f2ac23649f9c46c391632

No bass player? No problem with the Octave uke, it fills in the lower register wonderfully.

Received a few PM's which is great! Let's get some more ukes online and I'll post some songs needing collaboration once you are ready to go.

Thanks!

Top Bottom