Koa Pili KoKo Ukuleles

Been attempting to contact for 2 months via website and 2 different email addresses trying to place an order. No response.

Shipping from Australia could prove to be costly.
An observation: These versions of KPK ukes have a different headstock than the ones Jason was selling
and now appear to be made in China. The Jason KPK models were made in SE Asia. That could explain the
demise of www.pilikoko.com. Perhaps those were discontinued and Jason went out of business. Sad. I was
quite happy with Jason's product and looked forward to his Deluxe Longneck Pineapple Soprano.

Shipping from Australia could prove to be costly.
An observation: These versions of KPK ukes have a different headstock than the ones Jason was selling
and now appear to be made in China. The Jason KPK models were made in SE Asia. That could explain the
demise of www.pilikoko.com. Perhaps those were discontinued and Jason went out of business. Sad. I was
quite happy with Jason's product and looked forward to his Deluxe Longneck Pineapple Soprano.

Oh, I see the difference in the headstock now. Upon more investigation, it appears that AIERSI (a Chinese instrument maker) has bought or is using the KPK name.

I emailed AIERSI GUITARS concerning the availability of the ukulele for which I was interested. I received a reply from Devon of Aiersi saying it was available.
He issued me a PayPal invoice, I issued the payment. Now it's just a wait and see. I'll report back on the success of the transaction. Wish me luck. Devon said it was this model (I'm assuming with the different headstock):
Deluxe Longneck Pineapple Soprano Ukulele:
http://pilikoko.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=122

I was always sorry I missed out on the acacia models with the tortoise binding. I am still amazed at the sound on my concert and since my longneck soprano pineapple opened up, I am nearly as impressed with it as well. Some folks say they are "overbuilt." They are heavier built than similar ukes, but oh that tone and sustain. Nearly unbelievable you can get a uke for this price that sounds and looks this good. Many of us are more than happy to put up with a few more ounces for it.

So very sad that the maker of my husband's deluxe tenor acacia is no longer making them. I had wanted to get a concert scale at some point. Lovely instrument in sound, playability, and quite a looker.

Aloha from devon zhu

just browsed all talked about kpk ukulele. thanks for all trust this brand. this is devon zhu in charge of aiersi guitar. for KPK, we are supplier from china indeed. the difference for headstock because we changed last year. in fact. beside KPK web, all other suppliers you found ordered from us indeed. that mean, we are real one. not copy !

KPK is best high grade ukulele brand made in china. we select nice materials , finished by experienced luthiers. beside acacia materials, we also provide mahogany body all the time. normally we have stock for all models. but for longer neck model, small demand in the market. so we must make new for order indeed.

find kpk brand full models from our business web http://www.aiersiguitar.com/category/pili-koko-koa-ukulele/

the best quality ukulele from china indeed.

devon zhu from aiersi

Devon, happy to see you comment here. Anxiously awaiting my ukulele. Have been quite happy with the quality and sound of my previously purchased KPK ukes.
I'll provide an honest review here as I have done with my other ukes.

New KPK Pineapple Uke from China

Just got an email from Devon that my new KPK Deluxe Longneck Pineapple Soprano is ready to ship from China. 2 photos were attached. Will submit a review when received.

NewKPK1.jpgNewKPK2.jpg

Last edited:
Aiersi will build the acacia models that appear on the pilikoko.com site but not on the Aiersi site. Ordered one and will provide a complete review when I receive it. Will compare it to my 2 previous KPK models I had ordered from Jason. I currently have the concert model and had a Deluxe Pineapple Soprano but found the soprano neck a bit too cramped. Loved the quality and sound of both.

...Leavin' on a jet plane (or maybe a slow boat from China). A special request build. KPK longneck acacia pineapple by AIERSI.

koa ukulele (1).jpgkoa ukulele (2).jpgkoa ukulele (3).jpg

NUD: The KPK Long neck Deluxe Acacia Soprano Pineapple just arrived. Check out my impressions
in the review section. Well worth the wait.

NUD: The KPK Long neck Deluxe Acacia Soprano Pineapple just arrived. Check out my impressions
in the review section. Well worth the wait.

really?! it took almost 2 months?!

A total of 5 weeks from placing the order to receiving it from China. For a special order, not bad IMO.

Ordering KPK Ukes going forward

Received a follow up email from Devon clarifying that all KPK ukuleles are now being sold directly from: http://www.aiersiguitar.com/category/pili-koko-koa-ukulele/

Although pilikoko.com is still accessible on the web, it is not being managed and Jason is not longer a seller of KPK ukuleles. Any special order ukes that you see on pilikoko.com that do not appear on the Aiersi site can be ordered directly from Devon at sale@aiersiguitar.com.

Very happy with the service I received from Devon and my special order met all my expectations. An excellent quality solid acacia ukulele at a reasonable price.

As an aside, the price I received from Devon was about 25% lower than what appears on the pilikoko.com site.

My full review appears in the Review section.

See the Sticky in Buying Tips Forum regarding KPK Ukuleles.

Top Bottom