Song Help Request Help w song by Kalei please.

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
Can anyone offer me song help please? What song is Mr. Gamiao playing in the demo video for this KoOlau CE uke...the video is middle right side of the linked page (it's 2:31 minutes long)?

I would like to slow it down to study his fingering; I know how to do that on YouTube videos, but does anyone know how it might be done on Vimeo videos?

Thanks greatly for any advice. :cool::cool:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/ko-olau-ce-1-koa-tenor-electric-2.html

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's an original. Kalei has done a lot of great original tunes (I think he's one of the best out there as a player and a composer). When you say his fingering, are you talking about the chords he's using? That video is great in that it shows a clear shot of his left hand so even if you can't slow it down, you could watch it a little at a time and write down the chords.

Thanks for that work-around, Jim. I may just do that, yes. Appreciate your taking the time to find me that link. Thank you.

Hi, uku0729. Thanks for your reply. Sure, I could watch it repeatedly and write the chords (a lot of them seem odd chords to me, though, esp. Up the neck), but for me, I learn best by watching. Tabs and chords don't help me as much as just slowing it down and watching and remembering the fingering (I have a knack for that; I've done it with Jake's Kelly's Song 143 & Blue Roses Falling, and a couple of Ukulelezaza tunes, like Mr. Sandman, where he pretty much just plays it and slows it down for us on yT).

I think you're right, it's a Kalei original...I'm just trying to figure which one in case there;s tabs already available, only needed because I can't slow it down lol. I like the tune and feel confident that it's at my level.

If anyone knows the name, especially someone with his latest CD, let me know please. Next, I'll contact Kalei himself...he's cool. Thanks.

Last edited:
The title of the song is Four String Fury and it is his own composition. It is on his CD Redefined and you can read your own review of it here. :)

He put it up on his YouTube channel six years ago, but this version might be better for slowing down to watch the fingers dance. Good Luck!

The title of the song is Four String Fury and it is his own composition. It is on his CD Redefined and you can read your own review of it here. :)

He put it up on his YouTube channel six years ago, but this version might be better for slowing down to watch the fingers dance. Good Luck!

Geetee, thank you so much!! 👍🏻👍🏻. I appreciate knowing the title, the CD, and your taking the time to search for, and post, that video is aces. 🎰 You're right, I can slow that one down; I've bookmarked it. Thank you so much. I owe you one. 🐼

Top Bottom