Greetings from MN

CiceroAnon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm David and I'm from Minnesota where ukulele players are abundant, along with the 10k lakes.

I had a MB ukule last year and tried to sell it on Reverb for 50k, but didn't have any takers. I did end up selling it and have regretted it ever since. I wrote Chuck about getting another MB and he reminded me of the 50k listing. I guess that will go down as one of the dumbest things I have ever done.

Anyway, I love to play ukulele and guitar and advise...don't hate me...people to check out Pinol ukuleles. I have one and the sound and design are top notch. You can hate on me if you like, but that's my honest opinion.

I'm David and I'm from Minnesota where ukulele players are abundant, along with the 10k lakes.

I had a MB ukule last year and tried to sell it on Reverb for 50k, but didn't have any takers. I did end up selling it and have regretted it ever since. I wrote Chuck about getting another MB and he reminded me of the 50k listing. I guess that will go down as one of the dumbest things I have ever done.

Anyway, I love to play ukulele and guitar and advise...don't hate me...people to check out Pinol ukuleles. I have one and the sound and design are top notch. You can hate on me if you like, but that's my honest opinion.

yes that was pretty dumb to try to sell it for 50K....but even dumber to ask Chuck for another one......
Chuck is a super nice decent person...you have no respect IMO.....can not believe you tried to get a new one from him.....but everyone is different..that is how the World turns.....:)

I give you credit that you owned up to it....pretty sure you made a nice profit...spend the money wisely....even though it is only money.....:)

I made $0.00 on it, so greed doesn't pay at least here.

I didn't ask to be on the waiting list, I only said I regretted selling it and Chuck reminded me of the 50k. Now that is something I regret and will not repeat it. I know I didn't deserve a response from Chuck after what I did, but he's cool as we all know.

I made $0.00 on it, so greed doesn't pay at least here.

I didn't ask to be on the waiting list, I only said I regretted selling it and Chuck reminded me of the 50k. Now that is something I regret and will not repeat it. I know I didn't deserve a response from Chuck after what I did, but he's cool as we all know.

bad Karma is Bad Karma...what goes around comes around......lol

I did learn a valuable lesson, so it wasn't a complete waste. :)

Okay, you got me and now the quest to reverse it. :) Any tips?

In honor of full disclosure, I will say I almost had three MBs, but that's another story and I don't need any more bad karma.

Last edited:

Hello David. Welcome to the forum. I remember the 50k MB, my friend and I had a good laugh at that. Honestly, I thought it was very funny.
But selling an MB before you know you are getting another one is quite foolish. (as you have pointed out)
That being said, if you could have afforded 3 at one time then my suggestion is you wait for the next auction at HMS and out-bid the rest. Or contact the person who is at odds how to sell their MB and throw enough money at them that they can't say no.
Or post a WTB thread and offer 10-12K for one. That should bring someone out of the woodwork.

Last edited:
10-12k for a ukulele is a lot, but I have no problem with those who throw down that kind of money.

Well, I can assure you that you won't be seeing any other 50k listings from be, but I wouldn't be surprised if a MB fetches 50k in the years to come. :)

Welcome Cicero,
For the life of me, I cannot imagine why anyone would sell a MB, unless the landlord was knocking angrily at the door, and the cupboards were bare!
I have no problem with anyone liking Pinol ukuleles. I have a Cocobolo Ukulele, which was built right down the road. Check out my Ukulele Review.
Enjoy UU!

Top Bottom