Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seasonistas Baritone Thread

Default Seasonistas Baritone Thread

I'm noticing that I'm not the only one who has recently bought a baritone uke, so I thought of opening a thread for us here.

What I'd like to see is anything to do with baritones that may be useful, all brought together in the one thread.

So if you find something, please put a description & a link to it in here.

I'll start off with this link to baritone chord charts.
    http://www.ukulele-chords.com/baritone/charts

& some baritone PDF song sheets,
    https://pdfminstrel.wordpress.com/re...e-bari-pdfs-2/
    http://ukeklub.blogspot.co.uk/p/baritone.html

& something that may be of interest, 'Low GCEA' strings,
    https://ivanolarte.com/2015/06/28/gu...trings-review/
    Last edited by uke1950; 05-28-2016 at 05:22 AM.
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & baritone.

I've been playing my bari since January and learned the chord changes a good deal, not every one but most, and I find the G chords easier to finger. After playing it for a while I found that the C6 tuned ukes easier to play as well!

Thanks for the Bari song links. I needed an easier "City of New Orleans" transposition and found it there! I had it in C but the G key seems easier to finger out. I'll try that in this weeks Season 223.

I must say that the gcea strings sound really nice. I may buy a set to try on my tenor before I shift them to my bari. I've been playing tenors tuned dGBE but maybe the lower C tuning might be better?

Quote Originally Posted by JackLuis View Post

Thanks for the Bari song links. I needed an easier "City of New Orleans" transposition and found it there! I had it in C but the G key seems easier to finger out. I'll try that in this weeks Season 223.

I must say that the gcea strings sound really nice. I may buy a set to try on my tenor before I shift them to my bari. I've been playing tenors tuned dGBE but maybe the lower C tuning might be better?
    Adding this here for you to hear what the Guadalupe strings sound like on my tenor. The strings are a little slack on the tenor so this is tuned ADF#B.

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Aw man. Now y'all are giving me the baritone jones real bad!
    YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas
    Axes:
    Sopranos - Kala Makala, Kala Ukadelic Texas Flag, Bruko Hilo (vintage 1960s!)
    Concert - Epiphone Les Paul
    Tenors - Kala KA-TE, Kala KA-TEME,
    Banjo Uke: Duke (tenor scale)
    Not a ukulele: Seagull Merlin (stick dulcimer)
    Keys:
    Hohner Instructor 32 melodica
    Ukulele Country: My blog about the ukulele and other musical things.

Don't forget the Humble Baritonics Blog

http://humblebaritonics.blogspot.com

He features new videos every week. Exclusively baritone ukulele from all over the Internet.

[QUOTE=lelouden;1855811]Adding this here for you to hear what the Guadalupe strings sound like on my tenor. The strings are a little slack on the tenor so this is tuned ADF#B.

That Pono sounded wonderful and you played and sang great too! But another tuning to learn chords to! I'm just getting used to G tuning!

I've been waiting for the Worth Browns I put on my baritone to settle, to record them while I play something recognizable. I have some Worth Brown Fats that should yield a hi d and I'll try that on the Big Zebra before I get all crazy. I kind of like the re-entrant G tuning.

I may try tuning my Zebra Tenor to aDF#B. It has Brown Fats on it tuned dGBE and the strings are a little slack. Hmmm....

Funny you should mention baritone. I took my LoPrinzi Model B out this past week. It may appear in a video tomorrow or Monday. Every time I get it out I wonder why I don't play it more often. I've been preparing a tune for season 222 and 223, but have yet to press record. (Okay, I'll confess, I pressed record more than a few times late last Saturday night and decided not to scare the baby.) With that, I think I'll go pick it up and work on one of those tunes. Stay tuned!
    Let's have a laugh after we cry. Let's hope we live before we die. Loudon Wainwright III
    Best Regards,
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by JackLuis View Post

That Pono sounded wonderful and you played and sang great too! But another tuning to learn chords to! I'm just getting used to G tuning!

I've been waiting for the Worth Browns I put on my baritone to settle, to record them while I play something recognizable. I have some Worth Brown Fats that should yield a hi d and I'll try that on the Big Zebra before I get all crazy. I kind of like the re-entrant G tuning.

I may try tuning my Zebra Tenor to aDF#B. It has Brown Fats on it tuned dGBE and the strings are a little slack. Hmmm....
    Thank You Jack. Guadalupe are for GCEA tuned an active lower than the usual tones of a tenor. ADF#B is just tuned a whole step up to take up the slack (But still an active lower) and you still play that tuning just as if its a GCEA. It just requires you to adjust your singing a couple notes higher. No big deal at all.
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

That should read OCTAVE lower.

Edit: Normal Low G is - G3 C4 E4 A4 - so we will be - G2 C3 E3 A3 - if my calculations are right.

Edit2: Normal baritone is - D3 G3 B4 E4 - I think.
    Last edited by uke1950; 05-28-2016 at 10:33 PM.
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & baritone.

What a great idea for a thread!

Last edited by Booli; 05-29-2016 at 05:31 PM.
    [ o>==::___less is more___BEWARE of biting dogma!___My Magic Fluke Company 'toolbox'___"Always kill the shark closest to the boat."

Thread Information