NMS Day:

Way to go. Anything that helps our playing is worth it, right?

Sounds like you made a good choice in stands, and wives!!! I have several cheapo metal stands around here, from my band directing days, and once they all give up the ghost, I think I may gift myself with one of these. They really look nice. I have a portable stand, but it sure is heavy, so it is in my lesson space, and stays in one place. Too heavy to tote around.

I started with one of the cheap metal stands, and at the end of one of our jams, a friend "helped" me by trying to put it in its bag ... and broke it. I got an SMS-20 the next day and have not regretted it one minute. It's a great stand, easy to pack and carry, and very sturdy. Great choice!

I started with one of the cheap metal stands, and at the end of one of our jams, a friend "helped" me by trying to put it in its bag ... and broke it. I got an SMS-20 the next day and have not regretted it one minute. It's a great stand, easy to pack and carry, and very sturdy. Great choice!
I thought the inexpensive stands would not be good and several Forum members advised against the cheap ones. This seems like it will be fine.

Sounds like you made a good choice in stands, and wives!!! I have several cheapo metal stands around here, from my band directing days, and once they all give up the ghost, I think I may gift myself with one of these. They really look nice. I have a portable stand, but it sure is heavy, so it is in my lesson space, and stays in one place. Too heavy to tote around.

Thank you on both counts! I can't say this is real light weight, but it certainly is portable.

Top Bottom