Hello from Bendigo

ewe2

Reaction score
I live in country Victoria, roughly 150km from Melbourne, and I've been a muso for a long time but I recently refocused on the late great George Harrison and his ukulele evangelism finally struck a chord (sorry). So now I have a second hand Kala soprano and a new Kala concert and I've just given in and bought a Kala Ukadelic but a first-gen one. One day I hope to get a Pono soprano or concert, they seem very nice for cheap solid bodies. I've played guitar and bass and keyboards before, so picking up the uke has been easier for me but I really appreciate the mastering difficulty of it, which is a lot like bass. They seem simple but there's a lot going on beyond some chords.

I love playing some of the classic uke songs and working out uke versions of contemporary songs. I've recorded some simple uke accompaniments to songs I've written and/or parodied, they're versatile and warm instruments.

I came here because every second question I had that I googled ended up here, and I"m at the learning stage where a bit of community knowledge and support wouldn't go astray. There is a uke group near me but its difficult for me to get to the meetings, so I will soldier on and reach out to other uke-ists worldwide! Thanks for a great forum so far!

Last edited:
Thanks for the playlist :) , some lovely stuff there to play with!

Hey mate, welcome. I know they say it about Victoria, but this is the place to be ;)

Aloha! and welcome to the UU Family!

I've been enjoying both the Miss Fisher's Mysteries and the Dr Blake Mysteries on Netflix,
and Bendigo comes up periodically :) Esp in the Dr Blake Mysteries series.

please enjoy the Ukulele Boot Camp materials available via the link in my signature.

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom