Song Help Request My Wife Left Town With A Banana

Sounds like a steel string guitar/with a kapo or a small body like a parlor. Key of G. (see post #5 for a better chord progression)

Last edited:
Whoever wrote it couldn't think of a very bad name for his wife's boyfriend!

Sounds like a steel string guitar/with a kapo or a small body like a parlor. Key of G. I think you can do it with a g-f-c. Have you tried that?

OK thanks I will try that. Will report back. May take awhile ;-)

LOL Nickie

Last edited:
Joneo,
I listened to the You Tube Video of this song and recognized the chord progression immediately. It's a popular blues progression that can be easily transposed to other keys and is used in many songs such as "Keep on Truckin Momma", "Come On Down to My House Honey", Milk"em in the Evening Blues" etc. The progression is: I VI7 II7 V7 I

Here is what I am hearing in your song in the key of G:
G E7 A7 D7 G
G E7 A7 D7
G G7
C Edim
G E7 A7 D7 G
I hope this is helpful to you, Best Wishes......Reno Dave

Joneo,
I listened to the You Tube Video of this song and recognized the chord progression immediately. It's a popular blues progression that can be easily transposed to other keys and is used in many songs such as "Keep on Truckin Momma", "Come On Down to My House Honey", Milk"em in the Evening Blues" etc. The progression is: I VI7 II7 V7 I

Here is what I am hearing in your song in the key of G:
G E7 A7 D7 G
G E7 A7 D7
G G7
C Edim
G E7 A7 D7 G
I hope this is helpful to you, Best Wishes......Reno Dave

Hey that works! Thank You Very Much!!! Now all I need is Practice! ...and a banana suit...

So this guy's wife leaves town and is now pleasuring herself with a banana? Did this song originate from the kind of naughty entertainment you'd find in brothels back in the day? When I listened to it it made me think of the kind of song you might hear in the speakeasy/brothel during the prohibition era like on Boardwalk Empire.

Last edited:
That video is something glorious. I envy you for having such an amazing costume!

...Oh, and congratulations on a great, fun performance. Heh heh. :p

That video is something glorious. I envy you for having such an amazing costume!

...Oh, and congratulations on a great, fun performance. Heh heh. :p

Many thanks Ragtime Life! It was fun to do. Should have sang better but oh well.

Top Bottom