Why more than one

I think you need a tenor. ;)

No tenor.....no tenor....blasphemy. Griffis you call yourself and exguitar player but no tenor uke, the shame, the horror. :p

I agree. You need a Tenor. Like a good quality used Pono Pro Classic Tenor. Low G. You will love it.

Ha...yeah, for some reason the tenor is the one uke size I've never dealt with much (well, I've never seen a sopranino in the wild to try out, but I doubt I could get above the third fret on one very accurately...)

I did briefly have a tenor several years back, but it was more my wife's, and we didn't have it very long.

I don't have anything against tenor ukes at all; I guess I just don't see the utility of them for me personally. I have a re-entrant soprano, a concert that I may end up tuning linear (right now it's high G) and the baritone tuned in linear, Chicago tuning.

These seem to cover my needs well, giving me range and variety. I think I'd be more likely to get another concert to keep one re-entrant and one linear, but right now it would be a waste for me to do that.

I'm not 86-ing the idea of ever going for a tenor, but I'm not in the market for anything at the moment.

I did play a few tenors when I was uke shopping recently and I did very much enjoy them. I like the scale of the neck, but for me they just seem like a longer scale concert. For some reason I just seem to skip that size and go from soprano to concert to bari.

I once knew a man who said he had 30 or 40 accordions hidden in his home. His wife thought he only had 4 or 5. So, you see, it could be a lot worse than a few lovely ukuleles laying around!

If he can hide 30-40 accordions, he is a genius, and I'll bet his kids NEVER found their Christmas presents.

I akin it to collecting art. Now if only I could find the time to hang 'em on the wall. I have collected different wood boxes and display cases which are waiting to be hung so I can get my ukes out of their cases! I'm too busy playing and writings songs to get it done!

Top Bottom