Season 226 - It's About Time!

Harry122

Solid Citizen
UU VIP
Reaction score

It’s About Time!

Welcome to Season 226! This Season is all about the passage of time.
Your song’s theme should be about time passing, of changes over time, of memories, or even about time standing still. The song may or may not have the word “time” in it, it’s not a requirement. The references to time passing may be direct or indirect.
It’s going to be interesting seeing how everyone interprets this challenge, and how we all portray the passage of time. The Thornton Rule is in effect, so if you think your song applies, you’re right!

Originals are welcome!

The usual rules apply:

Songs must be newly-recorded for this Season. Mention or print Season 226 in the video. Anything not made for this Season should go to the Island.
Ukulele front and center. Multi-tracking is allowed.
Enter as many as you like, comment on as many as you like.
The Season begins on midnight Sunday, Hawaii time, and ends eight days later.
The main prize will be the song book, “The Daily Ukulele To Go.” And there will also be a couple of other small prizes (strings). I will select the winners based on my own personal whims.

Remember, there’s a full day of Season 225 going on – get your entry in, if you haven’t already!

Have fun!

Playlist

Last edited:
A timeless theme always, Randy! Should see some good stuff from lots. Are you sure about a "no song limit?" There may be a lot of sand to flow into the bottom of this Season's Glass!

Awesome theme, awesome shirt!

I have a feeling that we will have several nice interpretations of "As time goes by", though there are a lot more to take from.
Which is awesome, because that song is awesome :)

Last edited:
A most intriguing theme Randy. There are so many ways to interpret the passae of time.

I love the shirt!

brill theme, fab intro vid :worship:

and no limit! let me hear ya say YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

I'm terribly literal. In the "happy" season, I did the song, "Happy." I wonder what I should do this week ;)

Oh, if only I could save time in a bottle, sigh ):

I just read on one site that that is the most requested time song of all time.

Ha, see what I did there :)

First three posts are by the bearded ones. I think this season should also be devoted to beards false or otherwise.
It would give all the Lindas a chance to expose themselves... uh-hum... in a good way.

This is an early morning phlegm version of a song by Chris Farlowe which I always thought was better than the Stones version.
I should have gargled and cleared my throat. The voice was rasping like a hacksaw cutting a rusty nail.
Some folks have to drink gallons of whisky and smoke tons of cigars before they can sound like that :)

i agree...i have not missed a season in 5 years...and this competition/ challenge has made me search out and try new wild and weird songs( not to mention a reason for dressing up!) but, with all that said..i struggle with finding a song, practicing it, getting a decent recording of it..then..make an attempt at listening to all of the other amazing entries! i loved pa's one song limit! if you look back, that's what we did when this started out..it was about production, performance, and producing a cool ukulele video song...not just "do a song in front of your computer", it was in some way an offshoot of the bushman ukulele video of the year competition which several of the seasonistas have entered and made some amazing videos! whenever i host again...it will be a one song, strong on performance value, and having some silly fun with this little instrument that we seem to be addicted to! sorry, my 2 cents! cheers all!

I agree, for all the reasons listed above. As a struggling newbie, one song a week is about my limit anyway - but setting a limit of one song per person certainly concentrates the mind and it does make it much easier to listen to everyone else's contributions.

I'm terribly literal. In the "happy" season, I did the song, "Happy." I wonder what I should do this week ;)

ELO did an album called "Time".

"Zeit macht nur vor dem Teufel halt" (time only stops for the devil) from Barry Ryan, well known in Europe for "Eloise". AFAIK the song was only in german speaking countries charted, in Germany #8 in 1971.

I'm shure BEVOMU loves him like T.Rex ;-), or does he even look better that time ;-?

So I tried this translation:

Here's the original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rv3vtvycPk

I tried this in several keys, but the voice ain't back yet. So here's a song Bruce Springsteen wrote, recorded a demo, and didn't release (until many years later). Then he asked Dave Edmunds to come back stage during one of his shows and told Dave -- if you like it, I'd like for you to record it. Nicely done, Boss.

Top Bottom