Season 227 - Let's Make a Better World

He didn't post a video last week either and he has NEVER missed a season.
A season doesn't seem right without a SillyDave contribution.

I sure hope he is ok. I missed him too but didn't realize he had never missed a season.

Greetings,

Thanking our host for a great week and fantastic wrap-up, but mostly thanking everyone for the great vids. Hope all is fine with our absent friend.

Ciao

Until Pa posted his query I hadn't clicked that we were missing him - and for two weeks as well. I hope he is OK. Does someone live reasonably near him who could see if he's OK.

Mine's a cruciate ligament. At least that's what the doc. thinks it is. A half turn and ouch!

I have an appointment for a MRI Scan in about a month to confirm if he's right. meantime it's rub Ibuprofen gel on my knee three times a day which alleviates the discomfort somewhat and hobble about.

Firstly thanks for hosting this week's challenge. Maybe we should all do 'knees-up' dancing songs in honour of our various ailments in a future season : ) hope you get well soon Geoff. Paul, I'll soon be able to get the t-shirt. Thank God the worst is over!

Geoff,
Thanks for this great week, it was needed. Still is..I had a real head scratch coming up with a song, I tried and abandoned a couple...("Reasons to be Cheerful Part 3" was just too hard to pull off. I even started writing one. Anyway time ran out, but thanks for injecting a bit of needed positivity.

I really like tuning into Seasonistas (great name) from time to time, so thanks to all who post here!

Sometimes, like in this case, I tune in a bit late, but when I saw the title I really had to look. I had thought that there might be at least one rendition of this weeks theme. Since a lot of folks posted and no one did it, I'm thinking maybe it's just an expression that's made it's way into current jargon without anyone knowing where it came from. Of course, maybe it's just that no one likes the song that much, but that's hard for a New Orleanian to fathom. At any rate, if you haven't heard "Let's Make A Better World", here it is:

Dr. John sings the song, but like a lot of his early numbers, it was written by Allen Toussaint, recently passed. He wrote another which might have fit well here. I'm posting these because I love the spirit of this theme and figured that if the folks posting haven't heard these, they might want to sing them one day.

And so here is a second post, also by Toussaint. There are a lot of versions of this one, the Pointers probably being the best known. This is the first, and my favorite:

Last edited:
Two fantastic songs Southcoast. I loved them both. the first song was new to me. The second one should be familiar to everyone but it never came to mind. Thank You so much for bringing these along. They are both great and fit the theme well.

Dr. John sings the song, but like a lot of his early numbers, it was written by Allen Toussaint, recently passed. He wrote another which might have fit well here. I'm posting these because I love the spirit of this theme and figured that if the folks posting haven't heard these, they might want to sing them one day.

And so here is a second post, also by Toussaint.

Thanks for posting both of these. I had heard neither before, and "my world" is now a better place for hearing them. Geoff's theme was certainly a good one, and it is great to know that it is still at work.

Greetings,

And now for something completely different, my other Irishman (teenage son Conor) agreed to play a bit of bongo's to a tune he knows called "Human" by Rag n Bone Man. So, here is his opening percussive addition to the song as he hung out in his man/boy cave. It's priceless to me, that he agreed to even do it (ever so briefly). Thanks for offering this wonderful season!!!

Top Bottom