Basic Guidelines for a Beginner Who Is Learning Guitar

Reaction score
Learning and playing guitar has enormous benefits. It helps you develop a strong love for music and give you self confidence. Learning guitar is not easy. If you want to master this art, you can get yourself enrolled in guitar lessons San Jose.

First of all, you must know how to hold a guitar. The most accurate and easy way to hold a guitar is by resting it on your leg. Keep the guitar straight and closer to you. If you are standing, you can hang your guitar from your shoulder strap. This is tiresome and requires a lot of practice and stamina.

You must be aware about the strings on the guitar. There are 6 strings on a guitar which are represented on your chord as 6 long, horizontal lines. They are numbered from 1 to 6 from highest string to the lowest.

Chords: You must also know about the three basic chords-
• D Chord
• E Chord
• A Chord
As you are a beginner, you must search for music schools providing guitar classes in San Jose and take classes for them and practice regularly to be skilled in this instrument.

I have to agree that for guitar, a teacher LIVE if possible is a must.

The guitar has such minute, subtle technique. Everything is important: the angle of the hands to the strings, fingering, the left hand's moves on the fretboard, how you hold the guitar, the angle of your wrist. The sound is affected by every one of these aspects. Someone looking at you can correct you. And you'll build muscle memory to have good technique. I was so surprised to find that the guitar is as difficult an instrument as cello or violin. It's almost a secret--our guitar "salon" was joking with me that no one outside guitar players will appreciate that it's so difficult. It's worth learning, it's not unsurmountable, but a teacher is a must.

The guitar is just another stringed instrument to be enjoyed. Any transition from a ukulele will quickly be made; so just pick 'er up and go. Your body and hands will intuitively make all the adjustments necessary as you progress. Trying to do a particular hold will only complicate the process--just let nature take over.

I play both instruments, and have since I was 9-years-old. Sometimes, I'm slouching in a chair, sitting on a stool or banked up against three pillows. The body will adapt as necessary.

Last edited:
Hello, any suggestions of acoustic bass guitar for a beginner?

Sorry but it seems that you've posted in the wrong forum section buddy :)

maybe try the bass section, otherwise your post is widely off-topic

Classical guitar is difficult but has great benefits. I prefer it over uke

The guitar is just another stringed instrument to be enjoyed.

That is how I see it also. I found classical guitar a little too serious for my taste and enjoyed acoustic guitar a bit more, but ultimately didn't get on with it as much as I had hoped. I still have mine. To my own surprise, I fell in love with the banjo. I didn't see that coming at all, as I had associated it firmly with bluegrass music, but then I learned how versatile an instrument it is, especially with the right tone ring. I feel it's the ideal instrument for me, addressing my "issues" with both guitars and ukuleles. (I still play and love soprano ukuleles, though!)

Top Bottom