Koaloha Tenor Special Issue Ukulele Sep 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markr1

Reaction score
THIS UKE IS SOLD!!!
To start. I don't post on UU anymore but I am still a lurker some. I don't play much anymore tho I am keeping my HF-3 and Collings UT-1 #150 originally bought from Dana.. I play mostly guitar now and this is my reason for selling. I am selling my what was supposed to be a replacement for a damaged Sceptre but Koaloha was never able to make.. Brian went above and beyond to have this special issue ukulele built for me since they weren't able to get a Sceptre for me. They more then made up for it. I hate to let go but I must. Sorry for no time stamp I can add one later. This thing has been played 10 minutes total and has been in the humidified case ever since. As close to mint as I can see. Looked it over in the light and didn't see anything. I'm not much at describing how it sounds but will say it is loud and sounds like a Koaloha and very easy to play. Built in September 2014. Comes with black basketweave Uke Crazy case also in mint condition. I think most of you know what these cost new so I hope I'm asking a fair price. This is definitely no plain Koaloha. Shipping to US only. Sorry. $1250 shipped and insured. PRICE DROP. NOW $1100 Paypal or money order accepted. I'm adding more pics. I hope I haven't left out anything. PS- I also plan to list a mint fluke tenor walnut and a Favilla soprano soon. Stan and Dana can vouch for me. Any questions at all just ask. Thank you for looking. 100_3735.jpg100_3732.jpg100_3741.jpg100_3744.jpg100_3745.jpg

Last edited:
More pics and some original pics the I fist got the Koaloha

The 3 pics with the Koaloha shirt in them are the ones when it first arrived here from Koaloha.100_3431.jpg100_3437.jpg100_3438.jpg100_3753.jpg100_3754.jpg

To this day the shirt has never been worn or washed. Not included unless I could be persuaded. lol.

There isn't a better person to deal with here, and this one is a beauty. Glad you're still keeping a few Mark. And I don't blame you for hanging onto that UT-1. That still is the best sounding Collings that I have played.

Thank you very much for that Dana. The UT-1 will always be a keeper and Mr Collings Sig on the case is a bonus..

Forgive me but, why 'Special issue' What sets it apart?

Forgive me but, why 'Special issue' What sets it apart?

I'd say it is because of the extra curly grain in the Koa.

I see you have a couple of Koaloha ukes in your signature. Just compare the wood with yours.

This one looks more fancy then mine. Of course that might not make it sound any better. Some might say that the straight grain non curly wood would resonant more then the curly type. I like this curly one but I'll keep my crown bridge cause I can't add anymore til I narrow the herd. Lol

Good luck with this sale.

How would you compare the neck depth as in fretboard and neck diameter of the KoAloha Tenor with the HF3?

Thanks.

I'd say it is because of the extra curly grain in the Koa.

I see you have a couple of Koaloha ukes in your signature. Just compare the wood with yours.

Honestly, I think my tenor especially must be 'Extra Special Issue' :D

Honestly, I think my tenor especially must be 'Extra Special Issue' :D

Your ukulele is only a special issue if it has a "special issue" Koaloha sticker inside of it. This is a rare uke with great koa at an excellent price.

Your ukulele is only a special issue if it has a "special issue" Koaloha sticker inside of it. This is a rare uke with great koa at an excellent price.

Ah, thank you. I didn't notice the sticker :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom