Proxxon FET mini Table Saw problem

Timbuck

Reaction score
I have an overwhelming desire to own one of these(TAS again):drool::iwant:, but for the life of me I can't think of any special job that I could use it for when building ukes. Can someone enlighten me?

I have the earlier model and I use it a lot. Mostly for slotting fretboards and making saddle slots. They have a 0.5 mm blade that suits fretwire. I used to shape bridges on it but I use a hand plane for that now, the prettiest wee no.1 you ever saw.

But in short, Proxxon makes great machines.

Mmmmm! you got me thinking again now Svennie ..my shop built fret slotting set up is a bit antique looking and it's been churning out fretboards for the last six years...it can't last much longer..can it ;) I'll have to get a better excuse than that tho to get the deal passed Mrs Timbuck.

Well I've broken down and bought one..I found one on the Internet at the right price in the UK..and now it's on the way to our house...Mrs T is not around at moment so I haven't told her yet......Next post will most likely be from "the Doghouse" :uhoh:

I ,too, have tried to justify buying that saw. I do have their mini chop saw for cutting braces and it's a well built machine.
The main reason I bought it was when saw the video of one in action making thin strips..then I thought that's just the dogs knob for making bindings in wood or plastic ;)
Dogs knob ..(rhyming slang meaning job)

Fret slotting, braces AND binding. How much more convincing will Mrs T need?
Miguel

I have one Ken and the major problem is the flimsy riving knife. It is also the wrong thickness since it should be 5% - 10% thicker than the saw kerf. I use mine for ripping brace stock and cutting triangular kerfing to fit your machine you sold me. Took me about 6 months to burn out the Proxxon planer thicknesses tho...

I've just part constructed a batch of 4 sopranos and handed them over to Mrs T for FP etc:..in the meantime I'm turning my attention back to this Proxxon table saw to convert it for cutting fret slots in fingerboards for the new batch of Concert ukes I'm about to start in the near future..I managed to find a couple of nice HSS slitting saw blades on eBay 3" dia X 0.22" cutting width... the problem was the hole in the blade was 1/2" and the arbour for the Proxxon is 3/8"..But I found a way to get round that...more pics to come of my progress later.;)

First thing was to make a sled out of scrap hardwood to fit the slide slots in the saw table..It has to be a good fit with no friction I got it sliding just nicely with the help of some graphite from a soft pencil.

Hey Ken, Proxxon sells a 0.5 mm blade that works great. It's a smaller diameter and originally for their even smaller saw but it works for me. I can find the number for you if you like.

Hey Ken, Proxxon sells a 0.5 mm blade that works great. It's a smaller diameter and originally for their even smaller saw but it works for me. I can find the number for you if you like.
I've got one Sven but it's just a bit too narrow at .0196" the blades I use are .022" - .025".

Top Bottom