Tbug 2016

I'm not really the best choice for organizer since I'm pretty new around here and completely new to TBUG, but I would love to have a get together with other UUers.

If no one else steps forward to organize, I'm willing to give that role a shot.

I'm not really the best choice for organizer since I'm pretty new around here and completely new to TBUG, but I would love to have a get together with other UUers.

If no one else steps forward to organize, I'm willing to give that role a shot.

Okay, let's see if I can get some pics of the inside of the hotel off the website. If I can't, I might have to make a trip there, so I can find us a meeting spot. Thank you David!

I think it looks terrific. I'm sorry not be going. Nickie, I'll miss seeing you. I love that the TBUG people are making the event larger. It's a fantastic festival. Top notch instructors. And I like how week organized it is. The new hotel looks awesome. But I did like the Holiday Inn. The people were wonderful to us. If you're going? Have s great time.

Sukie, not only will I organize a UU meetup at TBUG, I promise that if you lend me your Moore Bettah flamingo uke, I will play it all over the hotel, allowing you to vicariously experience TBUG through its strings!

Last edited:
Sukie, not only will I organize a UU meetup at TBUG, I promise that if you lend me your Moore Bettah flamingo uke, I will play it all over the hotel, allowing you to vicariously experience TBUG through its strings!
That is just the sweetest offer ever.

no

On the fb page for the event there are at least two women with rooms booked looking for roomies...
That's a great way to save some cash.
I'm going to Milwaukee Uke Fest this year. It's another good festival.

TBUG is getting pricey. The full boat, so to speak, is $660+/- , plus not included meals, drinks and transportation. It is a real nice hotel though.

TBUG is getting pricey. The full boat, so to speak, is $660+/- , plus not included meals, drinks and transportation. It is a real nice hotel though.

Some meals are provided. I think 2 or 3 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. Booze is on your own.

I am a member of the 4 Uke a Teers, and I am really looking forward to meeting everybody from U.U. Nickie, if you can't get good pics of the Sirata Hotel from their web site, maybe we can drive down there one day and take some pics on our own.

I am a member of the 4 Uke a Teers, and I am really looking forward to meeting everybody from U.U. Nickie, if you can't get good pics of the Sirata Hotel from their web site, maybe we can drive down there one day and take some pics on our own.

Thanks for the offer Ramille. I'll get back to on this soon.

There is a 24 hr jam room on the 3rd floor, the Date Palm Room, should we meet there for group photos and maybe jam together?

Earl, I don't think so. You'll get a program with room to take notes. Bring a pen?
I carry along a sweater or jacket, indoors in Florida can be cold as hell. Year before last somebody turned the thermostat down so low I was sick and sore the whole damn time.

It will be interesting this year, but I imagine there will be a few complaints about being able to see in the work shops, last year people in the back of the rooms were not happy and this year they have 100 more attendees I hope they set up viewing screens in the workshops. The Sirata is nice, but twice as much per night as the Holiday inn was even with the discount, and they do not serve free breakfast, so that is two more meals one has to purchase. In my case since I am bringing my grandaughters that makes 6 meals I have to purchase. I think the tickets were about 50.00 more as well. I'm sure most will have a great time but we will see if bigger is better.

Top Bottom