::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut is never wrong. I don't know why I've been ignoring it, when it comes to my own life. I have a really strong intuitive gift. But when it came to him, I always doubted it.

Hindsight is 20/20, I feel that way looking back at some of the bad relationships that I tried to hang onto.

We got about an inch of snow last night. City is paralyzed. Kids are home from school. The 2nd coming of Christ is right around the corner.

This is Portland in the winter.

They did didn't they.

They also took more time to plan and had a grass roots infrastructure in place, but maybe a group will take the lead in this too. I'd love to see it happen on a national scale. That's a LOT of future voters.

The women’s march people are helping organize the kids march on the 14.

I'm definitely not anti-gun, but I do believe the NRA has too much power in our elected officials. Same with the sugar industry. Same with publishers in education.

We took down the tobacco industry and lessoned their power in government. Hopefully the same can be done for all groups who buy too much control.

Oh, Monsanto too.

I'm definitely not anti-gun, but I do believe the NRA has too much power in our elected officials. Same with the sugar industry. Same with publishers in education.

We took down the tobacco industry and lessoned their power in government. Hopefully the same can be done for all groups who buy too much control.

Oh, Monsanto too.

I loath monsanto

They've also kind of monopolized several crops by developing "Round Up" resistant plants. If you farm non-monsanto seeds and your crop's seeds blows into a "monsanto" owned farm they have been suing, and winning, thus forcing independent farmers out of business. It started with soy but now I read where they're starting to do it with corn as well.

The documentary Food Inc. even goes as far to say that they sometimes sue small farmers to force them into bankruptcy. Even when they would lose if it went to court their lawyers tie the case up to the point where the small farmer can't compete financially. The legal fees get so high that they go bankrupt or sell.

They've also kind of monopolized several crops by developing "Round Up" resistant plants. If you farm non-monsanto seeds and your crop's seeds blows into a "monsanto" owned farm they have been suing, and winning, thus forcing independent farmers out of business. It started with soy but now I read where they're starting to do it with corn as well.

The documentary Food Inc. even goes as far to say that they sometimes sue small farmers to force them into bankruptcy. Even when they would lose if it went to court their lawyers tie the case up to the point where the small farmer can't compete financially. The legal fees get so high that they go bankrupt or sell.

Lame. Every electronic device has a disclosure from the FCC that says your electronic device must live with/accept any and all external interference that may affect its proper operation. Want your electric guitar and amp to sound clean? it is YOUR responsibility to get clean power, use shielded cable, and record inside a Faraday cage or whatever.

So now, you are saying, that if I farm on MY land, and my plants go to seed and the wind, an act of God, blows those seeds on to your property, that *I* am responsible for that?
Seems like Monsanto needs to build a high wall or enclosed greenhouse if they don't want contamination from outside their property. They need to control their own conditions, I don't need to contain mine.
Sheesh.

I had an ultra sound this morning at 7:00am.

James was also complaining about chest pains last night. He said it felt like there was pressure on his chest so I called the advice nurse and they said to watch him and call back if his symptoms got worse so I pretty much stayed up all night freaking out because he doesn't usually complain much when he's hurt or sick. I kept going in his room and feeling him to see if he was still warm and alive. I'm thinking he might have had heartburn but it still freaked me out.

I get the ultrasound results tomorrow. Is an ultrasound the same as a Echo Cardio Gram (sp?) ?

Lame. Every electronic device has a disclosure from the FCC that says your electronic device must live with/accept any and all external interference that may affect its proper operation. Want your electric guitar and amp to sound clean? it is YOUR responsibility to get clean power, use shielded cable, and record inside a Faraday cage or whatever.

So now, you are saying, that if I farm on MY land, and my plants go to seed and the wind, an act of God, blows those seeds on to your property, that *I* am responsible for that?
Seems like Monsanto needs to build a high wall or enclosed greenhouse if they don't want contamination from outside their property. They need to control their own conditions, I don't need to contain mine.
Sheesh.

Stupid huh?!

And they've been winning the lawsuits. Mostly because they have the lawmakers in their backpocket or like I said, they just draw it out and bankrupt the poor little guy. Watch Food Inc. it will upset you. Same with FedUp (sugar industry).

Weldon Kekauoha is playing at Turtle Bay this Saturday for $10.
We decided to go.
We also decided that it would be nice to stay on the North Shore so that we don't have to drive. We have a $100 gift certificate to Turtle Bay but staying there for just a Saturday night, even with Kamaaina rates, is still prohibitively expensive.
Checked out Ke Iki Beach bungalows, they had one one-bedroom left for $145. Sold!
So we will go to Ke Iki Beach Saturday morning, uber to Turtle Bay and back, and have a mini weekend getaway!
Super Excited!

Weldon Kekauoha is playing at Turtle Bay this Saturday for $10.
We decided to go.
We also decided that it would be nice to stay on the North Shore so that we don't have to drive. We have a $100 gift certificate to Turtle Bay but staying there for just a Saturday night, even with Kamaaina rates, is still prohibitively expensive.
Checked out Ke Iki Beach bungalows, they had one one-bedroom left for $145. Sold!
So we will go to Ke Iki Beach Saturday morning, uber to Turtle Bay and back, and have a mini weekend getaway!
Super Excited!

I think you win for stay-cations!

Have a great time!!

This morning I had to take James with me to my doctors appointment (he was back to normal this morning btw) and afterwards we went out to breakfast. I tried a "Personal Trainer" omelette. It was an egg white omelette with onions, spinach and chicken served on a bed of black beans with a side of cottage cheese. No salt. The most BLAND thing I've ever eaten. The only flavor was the black beans and there was maybe 1/3C of those. I had to struggle to identify any flavor in the omelette. It wasn't horrible just flavorless.

Last night we went out to dinner too and I had a "steamer basket" at a Japanese restaurant. It was assorted veggies and salmon steamed and served with ponzu sauce (yuzu fruit and soy). That was also bland but at least the ponzu gave it some flavor.

I'm keeping within my calories and although salt hasn't been restricted yet I'm trying to keep it around the 1500mg recommendation.

I thought calorie counting was going to be tough. Piece of cake compared to limiting your salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom