::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While in Greece last year, I had iced coffee drinks called frappé which I enjoyed. Later I found out they're made with soul ache, so I picked some up at Cost Plus to occasionally enjoy a frappé. The other day I ran out of beans, so I made myself a cup of hot soul ache. It's not bad. Kind of good actually. Not anywhere as good as my normal coffee, but much better than the swill some of the restaurants try to pass off as coffee. Do I lose my coffee geek/snob status?

I'm okay with the occasional ingestion of soul ache, as long as you do so reluctantly and as a last resort, constantly denouncing it and looking down your nose at it while you drink.

If you make it a habit you will need to turn in your snob badge.

Oh - and as for the frappe - that's not coffee. It's a delightful coffee-flavored drink. Love it all you want - I think it's exempt from the whole coffee world.

I'm sorry. I'm going to shut up now.

Maybe the organic/GMO debate should go on the same list with politics and religion.

I haven't seen any studies, independent or otherwise, showing the long-term, multi-generational effects that have ended well.

I'm not worried about what happens in 90 days. I'm worried about what happens when I'm 85 and my grandchildren are 18.

Even on those, I still want to see the actual process, not just the summary. I've seen studies where they cut it short because of increased mortality in a group of humans, but their conclusion in the summary suggests they should use it as the government policy due to its results.

Even on those, I still want to see the actual process, not just the summary. I've seen studies where they cut it short because of increased mortality in a group of humans, but their conclusion in the summary suggests they should use it as the government policy due to its results.

I've also heard reports of researchers basically being told that if they publish their results that weren't favorable to the company funding them, even at universities, that they would basically lose all their funding.

I've also heard reports of researchers basically being told that if they publish their results that weren't favorable to the company funding them, even at universities, that they would basically lose all their funding.

This one basically says that most of the reviews that said GM was equivalent to regular were done by biotech companies, even though the number of those saying it was equivalent was about the same as the number of those that said the GM products were not.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21296423

I do believe I'll save the pot roast for a night when the power is NOT going on and off.

The power went out, Dad took it across the street.

Power came back on, Dad went and brought it back.

Power went out, Dad took it back.

He gave up after that time and just let it finish cooking at the neighbor's house.

I'm craving cookie dough.

I really need to figure out if I just like cookie dough, or if it's an indication of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom