::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kinda roaster you got jon?? Been thinking of roasting at home.

He has a Behmor (like Beamer) coffee roaster. I have one too. It's possible to roast up to a pound of greens at a time. It doesn't give you on the fly control of roasts like some of the premium roasters, but it's also a fraction of the price of those. If you want to experiment with coffee roasting before committing $$$ on a ready made roaster google popcorn popper and heat gun/dog bowl coffee roasting. Coffee can be roasted in a cast iron skillet too. Be sure to do it outside if you do.

Jon do you shop at morecoffee.com??

I've never tried them! They have a decent selection of beans, competitive prices. If I buy online it's usually from Burman Coffee Traders, but most of the time I go to a local shop in town - they get some really interesting beans in from unusual places - I bought beans from China there once and currently they have a batch in from Vietnam that I really want to try out. They also got some in from Flores in Indonesia which have been my very favorite non-premium (Hawaii, Jamaica) bean. I've never seen beans from Flores anywhere else.

He has a Behmor (like Beamer) coffee roaster. I have one too. It's possible to roast up to a pound of greens at a time. It doesn't give you on the fly control of roasts like some of the premium roasters, but it's also a fraction of the price of those. If you want to experiment with coffee roasting before committing $$$ on a ready made roaster google popcorn popper and heat gun/dog bowl coffee roasting. Coffee can be roasted in a cast iron skillet too. Be sure to do it outside if you do.

Yup. I love my Behmor (especially because it WASN'T broken - just unplugged). I find anymore that I can't roast more than 3/4 pound, though - I used to be able to do a full pound.

Soo, have you seen that you can buy the upgraded 1600 plus control panel from Behmor and install it yourself? It's a factory-approved user upgrade. They have integrated some on-the-fly roast control now. I'm probably not going to get it...unless I get weak and put it on my Christmas list. Mr. Green Beans has them for $50 which isn't too bad - they say it is all you need to upgrade your existing roaster to the latest model.

Ken, I've done the cast iron pan over the stove like Soo mentioned. It can get very smoky - don't do a lot of them and like she said, do it outside if you can. The results are fine, though.

Yup. I love my Behmor (especially because it WASN'T broken - just unplugged). I find anymore that I can't roast more than 3/4 pound, though - I used to be able to do a full pound.

Soo, have you seen that you can buy the upgraded 1600 plus control panel from Behmor and install it yourself? It's a factory-approved user upgrade. They have integrated some on-the-fly roast control now. I'm probably not going to get it...unless I get weak and put it on my Christmas list. Mr. Green Beans has them for $50 which isn't too bad - they say it is all you need to upgrade your existing roaster to the latest model.

Ken, I've done the cast iron pan over the stove like Soo mentioned. It can get very smoky - don't do a lot of them and like she said, do it outside if you can. The results are fine, though.

I have never really liked the results of roasting a full pound of beans in it, but there are those who do. Maybe for the lighter side of city, it's probably doable without having the baked taste to the roast? I like my roasts city+ or a little darker than that, so usually roast no more 9-12 ounces on the 1 lb setting.

I'm not confident about wiring stuff myself, so I don't know if I'd try to attempt that. It sounds cool though. I'd love to be able to add time at the end of a roast if hasn't fully gone through 2nd crack. Maybe I can talk TKO or Chris to do it for me. I amaze myself whenever I work on my espresso machine and it doesn't blow up when I plug it back in and turn it on. I stand back at the ready to duck under the table after every time.

Last edited:
Yes. Yes, you do.

I have had that Starbucks VIA. It was not terrible. To be fair, it technically is not Soul Ache, as it is micro-ground regular coffee, sort of like using a French press that does not need to be filtered as the particles are so small.

They have been airing a commercial that shows a Willie character driving a yellow VW beetle lately. And the song they run is:

Code:
[CENTER]On the Road Again    
Willie Nelson[/CENTER]

[C] On the road again,
just can't wait to get on the [E7] road again
The life I love is making [Dm] music with my friends 
And [F] I can't wait to get [G7] on the road a[C]gain

[C] On the road again,
goin' places that I've [E7] never been
Seein' things that I may [Dm] never see again, 
And [F] I can't wait to [G7] get on the road a[C]gain. [C7]

[C7] On the [F] road again,
like a band of gypsies we go down the [C] highway
We're the [F] best of friends,
insisting that the world keep turning [C] our way

And [G7] our way is,

On the [C] road again,
just can't wait to get on the [E7] road again
The life I love is making [Dm] music with my friends 

(Repeat as many times as you please.)

(And end with a second)

Sugested final tag:
And [F] I can't wait to get [G7] on the road a[Fm][C]gain.

Good morning, one and all! It's still raining. I guess we've had something over 2 inches, so far. The rain is expected to continue through tomorrow. This should put a dent in our drought situation....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom