::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY COW! A tornado touched down in the little village of Manzanita on the Oregon Coast! I don't think I've ever heard of a tornado on the coast!

We're in a calm between two storms right now. The real monster is supposed to hit us tomorrow.

HOLY COW! A tornado touched down in the little village of Manzanita on the Oregon Coast! I don't think I've ever heard of a tornado on the coast!

We're in a calm between two storms right now. The real monster is supposed to hit us tomorrow.

Tornado warnings for Manzanita, Nehalem, and Wheeler. All three are tiny little towns and the cells are moving into the mountains, but the weather guy just said there's another strong cell just off Manzanita that's about to push ashore.

That's awesome news all the way around!

Their sommelier is amazing so get the pairings with dessert.
Oh, how I wish that were in the budget. Nanilei is not much of a wine drinker anyways.
I know she would appreciate it when it really is good wine, but we can't afford that right now :)

When I went to the re-stringing party last Sunday, Kimo and I had agreed to have a little mini-lesson before everyone else showed up. Kimo arrived and then said, "I forgot to bring an ukulele." We were in Mike Chock's shop, Hana Lima `Ia, and Mike was there, and there were a bunch of ukuleles around in various states of construction, but we did not know which ones were playable and/or available and I said, "well I have my Kala in the trunk I leave in there for emergencies" and Kimo said, "I think this qualifies as an emergency!" and we all laughed.
Then I told Mike that I had literally been keeping that ukulele in my trunk for the last TWO YEARS and that I lived in Ewa Beach and he was like "Really?!?!?!?" and then he started talking about how Torrefied (baked) wood was all the rage these days and said hey maybe he should start doing that to all his ukuleles.

Awesome, awesome place.

Driven by several times but have never made it inside yet.
Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds.

Tornado warnings for Manzanita, Nehalem, and Wheeler. All three are tiny little towns and the cells are moving into the mountains, but the weather guy just said there's another strong cell just off Manzanita that's about to push ashore.

That sounds really weird for you guys.

Oh, how I wish that were in the budget. Nanilei is not much of a wine drinker anyways.
I know she would appreciate it when it really is good wine, but we can't afford that right now :)

For deserts it won't be bottles but sherry, or dessert wine etc.

Next time :)

Backstory: When I was in high school my junior year there was a student who wanted to take his same sex partner to the prom. He had to sue administrator's, the school, the district to make this happen. The prom was covered by every major network as this was the first time something like this happened (1980). When they went on the dance floor all the other students walked off. The weeks leading up to the prom he was beat up several times for being gay. It was very sad.

Today:We have a very flamboyant gay student who is out and proud. He's also on the cheerleading team and I think he's the captain. During the homecoming rally today the senior class was chanting his name and at the end of the team's routine he dove into the stands and they "surfed" him up and down the bleachers.

It was awesome to see.

I got in a fist fight with a group of my own friends while sticking up for Dean. Today's scene probably would have made him Super proud. He endured a lot to make scenes like today happen.

Backstory: When I was in high school my junior year there was a student who wanted to take his same sex partner to the prom. He had to sue administrator's, the school, the district to make this happen. The prom was covered by every major network as this was the first time something like this happened (1980). When they went on the dance floor all the other students walked off. The weeks leading up to the prom he was beat up several times for being gay. It was very sad.

Today:We have a very flamboyant gay student who is out and proud. He's also on the cheerleading team and I think he's the captain. During the homecoming rally today the senior class was chanting his name and at the end of the team's routine he dove into the stands and they "surfed" him up and down the bleachers.

It was awesome to see.

I got in a fist fight with a group of my own friends while sticking up for Dean. Today's scene probably would have made him Super proud. He endured a lot to make scenes like today happen.

This so fills me with happy I actually got a tear in my eyes. Sometimes you hear all the stuff on TV that seems so doom and gloom, but stories like this give perspective. We have a long way to go for justice and equality, but we have come a long way as well. Thanks for sharing, Gary - it makes me happy!

It was awesome to see.

You should find him and tell him that story.

It was awesome to see.

with all the current political embarrassments, it's easy to forget how far we've come in the past few decades.

Thanks.

It made me happy too.

I think the kids, at least in this area, are super accepting of each other and very tolerant. I have a SPED kid that my class embraces and they watch out for him. It's cool to see the kids rally around rather than ostracize.

I tell them all the time I'm proud of the way they are and they're much better people than students from 35 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom