::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember years ago being at a Rainbow Gathering out west. Thousands of people were there, someone was sexually assaulted and it became to topic of the event. At the grand council, people were telling their stories, both men and women.
Then one guy spoke and said, " I'd like everyone here who has ever been sexually assaulted to stand up", it was devastating to see, well over half of the people there stood up. Some people immediately broke down at the sight of it.

I sometimes attend a support group for people who have been sexually assaulted. All the media coverage is making it a hard year for the people who want to put it behind them, since you can't get away from the topic. And a lot of folks have spent time describing how when they reported, they were utterly dismissed, even mocked. Some people have been told that if they choose not to report, that they are accessories to the next crime the perpetrator commits. (Utter BS.)

These are hard times. They may be what we need in the long run, but right now is hard.

I just read that William Shatner sold his kidney stone for $20K and donated the money to Habitat for Humanity.

Damon! Do you still have the one that plinked the other day? You might be able to get a buck and a half for it!

Damon! Do you still have the one that plinked the other day? You might be able to get a buck and a half for it!

Hahahahaha I *do*!
I called my doc and asked him if he wanted it, we have a follow-up appointment scheduled for next May, he said just bring it then. He said if it looks like the other one he took out no need to analyze it.
So at least this one might not cost me anything.
It is larger than I was expecting it to be, so it is a good thing it passed. Just thankful there was no bleeding,
that is scary and kind of messes with your head.

Can you imagine a dude doing that?, he'd be crucified.

Hahahaha our mahu friends were posting lots of pictures of him after the ceremonies aired on TV with many inappropriate comments (all in good fun)
especially because some of them are part Tongan...

I guess the dual nature of the harassment stems from the physical difference in strength and roles. Men (generally) can easily over-power a woman, and probably when a woman gets into a situation she may fight but once she realizes she will not win might submit to save her own life, which the (bad)
man will perceive as tacit approval.

You know, like a strip club - can't touch the girls, but they can do whatever they want to you.

So if a woman oils up a dude lasciviously, because the dude can "break free" or put a stop to it whenever he wants, it is not harassment; since he is not stopping it he must be enjoying it.

If a man does it though, yeah, exactly, the woman is being objectified, how terrible, sheesh.

What if everyone is just having a good time?

Communication is the key here.
When I was younger I lacked those communication skills.
Might have taken me less than 5 years to get over it if I had had those skills then.

Folks (not here) are rubbing me the wrong way today.

Maybe I could go on the Today show and someone could rub me the right way?

In the meantime - cleaning.

Yes but our Sukie needs to heal properly so she will be able to make beautiful music again.
I got out of Home Depot with only a set of 10 snowflakes. Add to the 10 I have, plus 50 pink mini lights. Plus the hats and scarves I've made for the flamingoes. Hmmm...wonder how it will turn out.

About the sexual harassment news....

When did "unwanted flirting" become worthy of ruining someone's reputation? Why would it warrant being treated like a crime?

That's the accusation I heard leveled at some prominent man recently (there have been so many, I can't remember who).

Surely most of these accusers have valid cases, and righteous complaints. But, "unwanted flirting"? Really?

I got out of Home Depot with only a set of 10 snowflakes. Add to the 10 I have, plus 50 pink mini lights. Plus the hats and scarves I've made for the flamingoes. Hmmm...wonder how it will turn out.

You have to post a picture!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom