::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give her time. She'll come around....

I sure hope so. If she was a feral kitty, it might be a while. But she does let me touch her and she even purred and worked her feet a little this afternoon. I picked her up (which really scares her) and held her to let her look out the other window. Then I put her down on the floor and she ran and jumped on the bed and huddled in a ball. Then back to the window.

Hope she doesn't spend the next 15 years under the bed . . .

Someone, who shall not be named as not to scare her, has come out from under the bed and has jumped on the dresser to look around. She is sitting on the corner of the dresser watching me right now.

She likes to be up high from what I saw at the shelter (and most cats do). I am going to get her a kitty tree so that she can be up high and feel safe.

I don't think she is too feral if she is at all. When I look at her, she seems to be giving me the soft blink that kitties give when they like you. It's like kitty kisses. I'm not positive, because I have the lights down lower, but she has done it to me several times - even earlier in the day.

Someone, who shall not be named as not to scare her, has come out from under the bed and has jumped on the dresser to look around. She is sitting on the corner of the dresser watching me right now.

She likes to be up high from what I saw at the shelter (and most cats do). I am going to get her a kitty tree so that she can be up high and feel safe.

I don't think she is too feral if she is at all. When I look at her, she seems to be giving me the soft blink that kitties give when they like you. It's like kitty kisses. I'm not positive, because I have the lights down lower, but she has done it to me several times - even earlier in the day.

Don't worry Jan. You have the food; Beauty will grow to love you (so long as you don't teach her to open cans).

Well, this has not been a good week or a good day. Had a parent after me (luckily the admin intervened and prevented her from getting to me)

I went to see the cats. I was unimpressed with the whole situation. IT was like the difference from looking at a home online from the realtor and seeing it in real life.

Too many cats in confined areas. Many were stressed and way over weight. One was very aggressive and tormenting the others. He should not have been out. I have 6 really good scratch marks on my arm to prove it.

I almost feel like euthanizing them would be more humane.

Very disappointed and down.
Dang I was hoping you'd be getting a roommate or two.

Just got home! There was no wifi. Had a marvelous time, right until we debarked early this morning. I immediately started getting terribly sick with diarrhea and vomiting. So bad that I went to the doc; I couldn't stand up I was so weak and dehydrated. They had to use a wheel chair.

It might be norovirus or my very delicate insides. Doc set me up with anti-nauseating drugs, so I was able to sleep this afternoon.

What a truly crappy way to end a vacation.

I'd laugh at your pun but I'd feel bad about it

Well, I may be changing her name to Bonkers.

I let her sit in the window after dark. Now she's trying to get out of the window. She keeps meowing and trying to climb up the window! I've closed the window, but she continues to try to open it! I've had to put her in her carrier to stop her. She is determined!

She has been on the bed and leaning on me and "making biscuits" on the blanket by the window.

Lordy, I forgot about all this young cat stuff. It's been forever since Ellie did any of that.

Might not be getting much sleep tonight . . .

View attachment 103253

At least she's not hiding anymore, right?:p

OK, I will try not to post any more cats pictures . . . tonight. Or shall I say morning since it is 1:28am?

Looks like she's sleeping in her carrier tonight. Might be the bathroom so she can have her litter box and food.

Last edited:
Jan, I love kitty pics, post away!

With that beautiful face I'd call her Checkers.

I remember when there was no lack of posts at night...there was always someone to talk too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom