::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking this as a free pass to talk about religion for a day.

Oh you know I was directing that at you!!!

And if you talk religion then politics are allowed...although I assume the orange haired monster is pretty hated by most anyway.

I've never been a football fan but this weekend I was pretty proud of all the teams.

I recognized pretty much all the locations. Many of those artists were at Imua Lounge last week too!

Is the African American guy with Josh Tatofi that guy who was adopted and sings falsetto really well? I've heard of him but have never seen him or heard him sing.

I recognized pretty much all the locations. Many of those artists were at Imua Lounge last week too!

Also felt a little sad when you see the Cruz family knowing how many they lost in such a short amount of time.

I am sitting in the lunch room, a senior VP just sat down and joined us, he is browsing on his phone, and now that video Mana Maoli, is playing. Hahahaha what a coinkidink!

Is the African American guy with Josh Tatofi that guy who was adopted and sings falsetto really well? I've heard of him but have never seen him or heard him sing.

Yes! Kamakakehau Fernandez.
He went to Hawaiian Immersion school, he speaks Hawaiian fluently. Really nice guy too.

Yes! Kamakakehau Fernandez.
He went to Hawaiian Immersion school, he speaks Hawaiian fluently. Really nice guy too.

Hawaii is such a cool place. It really does feel like "home" to me. I feel so comfortable there. Mika says the same.

Last edited:
Hawaii is such a cool place. It really does feel like "home" to me. I feel so comfortable there. Mika says the same.

I know exactly what you mean. For Nanilei, of course, it is and will always be home. For me, I always liked it there, spent a lot of time there (especially Maui) when I was growing up, and after Nanilei and I got together and vacationed here almost exclusively, it began to feel as though we lived in Hawaii, I just worked in California.
I'll let that sink in for a second, because that is exactly how it happened.
We felt as though we were not "living" when we were away from Hawaii.
The calling, the desire to relocate, grew stronger and stronger with each visit.
The first time I flew to Kauai for a job interview, right after Nanilei's dad passed away - I flew over by myself, spent the night, went to the interview, then flew home. I remember driving to the interview, windows open on the car, I stopped at a light, and a little bird swooped down and landed in a bush right out side the window. Chirp, Chirp, chirp chirp. I instantly had this thought like, "This is where I need to be." Everywhere I went for the rest of that day I just got these - feelings - it is difficult to express in words but it is a longing, a pull.
Now that we are here, it still happens. We went to the movies yesterday, and the sunset was so amazing afterwards, we just drove down to the shore to watch it before we went home.
This morning I was walking to TheBus stop. The mountains all green and lit up by the morning sun, bright white puffy clouds, clean air. I just LOVE it here. I am home.

See my sig.

Yes, Einstein had a way with words, especially relating to religion and science.

I believe that his views were likely similar to mine. Religion and science are not opponents. The bible is from a time of lesser understanding of the physical world. Explaining the wonder of His creations scientifically does not make them any less amazing. We probably also feel that he was a little more "hands off" than the bible says. You know, not like God said poof! humans! rather He just started this whole ball rolling - "let there be light" could just as easily pertain to the Big Bang - humans may never understand - but that's OK. That what faith is for, right?

Now if we could just get everyone to stop all the fighting and name calling, it would be excellent.

Oh and coincidence? Like how the apparent size of the moon from Earth and the sun from Earth is exactly the same? Yeah. Weird. Way too close to be random.

Back to school went well we will see who if anyone rats out my MIL for snacks. My wife said, teeth and pj's 10 min after we leave no desserts. $$ will talk tomorrow morning.

Back to school went well we will see who if anyone rats out my MIL for snacks. My wife said, teeth and pj's 10 min after we leave no desserts. $$ will talk tomorrow morning.

Then we went to go to a local bar to meet neighbors for a drink. As we pulled up the guy who owns the house we are buying was out front....we sat for a second discussed our options then left.

Then we went to go to a local bar to meet neighbors for a drink. As we pulled up the guy who owns the house we are buying was out front....we sat for a second discussed our options then left.

We thought it might be weird if he recognized me or the wife. And since things happened with his ex we didn't think we should show up and grab a drink and him recognize us. Especially since we are having a plumber come out tomorrow to assess the sewer and bathroom and the radon came back freekinn high again. So we know the electric needs to be done, radon remediation needs to happen, the sewer line needs attention, and the bathroom is leaking. So we will see. This $95 visit could save us some money or cost us the house. The Realtors that have it listed will also be present so it's not like we are pulling numbers from our arse

Small town?

Small town?

There's just one local bar besides a strip club so yea I guess kinda small. Plus my wife and I went to the same college with the guy, I used to hang with the same group of people as this guy too, they both lived here a few blocks away and my wife bought one of her cars from him. So if he figures out who we are he might figure we know what happened with his ex and could possibly think we are trying to get a better deal because of what happened. Although that really hasn't come into play although we speculate they want to sell since he has moved on.

There's just one local bar besides a strip club so yea I guess kinda small. Plus my wife and I went to the same college with the guy, I used to hang with the same group of people as this guy too, they both lived here a few blocks away and my wife bought one of her cars from him. So if he figures out who we are he might figure we know what happened with his ex and could possibly think we are trying to get a better deal because of what happened. Although that really hasn't come into play although we speculate they want to sell since he has moved on.

Just a weird situation all in all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom