::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike, skip this post. Religion Trigger Warning

One of my beloved senators is in the news today. I am in mourning.

Me too. I'm afraid to comment on Freeda's . . . excitement . . . for fear it will be exposed as an indiscretion in years to come.

The church, driven mostly by the insurance companies, has been teaching us the perils of "bad manners" for so long that I'm constantly paranoid of accidental glances being misunderstood or chance utterances being found offensive. Christian community as I experienced it in the 70s had a lot of hugging and affection that wasn't predatory. Yet from the 80s on even casual touch became menacing. Even baseless denunciations are now treated as truth until proven otherwise.

I've been subject to one "vendetta" in my years of ordination. My accuser was deliberate and consistent in her attack on my obvious demon possession. Funny. If she'd wanted to destroy me all she had to do was invoke any kind of boundary accusation and I'd have been done.

And no. It was decided that I wasn't possessed (at that time).

I am trying hard not to give his case a pass because I like him while at the same time I'm up in arms over the Republicans in the same boat and want to see them run out on a rail.

I really do think all the accused deserve "innocent until proven guilty" whether I like them or not. Even Roy Moore, as hard as that is for me to say out loud.

"Innocent until proven guilty" works for crimes. This is an election coming up and it's too important to wait for any charges to be adjudicated.

"The church, driven mostly by the insurance companies . . ."

Let me clarify. As a matter of faith we knew it was important. The insurance companies, responding to the cost of liability claims, made sure that the institution of the church knew that it was urgent. Safe church procedures and enforcement protocols followed from that.

Kids aren't very good at cheating these days. I'm reading though a kids paper and many of the words are English spelling. Google. Found the original paper on a pay site.

I might escalate this one since they actually paid for a paper.

Kids aren't very good at cheating these days. I'm reading though a kids paper and many of the words are English spelling. Google. Found the original paper on a pay site.

Did Sukie write it for the kid?

Mike, skip this post. Religion Trigger Warning

Me too. I'm afraid to comment on Freeda's . . . excitement . . . for fear it will be exposed as an indiscretion in years to come.

The church, driven mostly by the insurance companies, has been teaching us the perils of "bad manners" for so long that I'm constantly paranoid of accidental glances being misunderstood or chance utterances being found offensive. Christian community as I experienced it in the 70s had a lot of hugging and affection that wasn't predatory. Yet from the 80s on even casual touch became menacing. Even baseless denunciations are now treated as truth until proven otherwise.

I've been subject to one "vendetta" in my years of ordination. My accuser was deliberate and consistent in her attack on my obvious demon possession. Funny. If she'd wanted to destroy me all she had to do was invoke any kind of boundary accusation and I'd have been done.

And no. It was decided that I wasn't possessed (at that time).

Really?, you're going to keep up the passive-aggressive jabs. How Christian is that?

Still raining.

I can't find a measurement but one source said .62 in in the last two hours.

"Innocent until proven guilty" works for crimes. This is an election coming up and it's too important to wait for any charges to be adjudicated.

That's the problem, though. Accusations become sufficient ammunition to destroy one's political enemies.

You have a link to that site, by any chance? Do they have seminary papers?

Asking for a friend.

Really?, you're going to keep up the passive-aggressive jabs. How Christian is that?

Mike, I hope I put this the right way...

There are some of us in the group who do religion as their profession. Your request earlier in the week to cut the religion s** sounded to me like someone asking you to stop talking about your ukulele customers. We all share talk about our work days in here - for some of us that happens to involve religion, since, you know - that's work.

When Cashew was around a lot more she'd sometimes share her beliefs - she labeled them pagan, I believe. I was always happy to hear it because it was a part of who she is. When Michael and Jan talk about religion I've never felt they've been proselytizing - it has sounded to me like they're talking about their vocation.

Definitely if any of us, no matter the religion, are trying to push it on others then I'm the first to agree with you - there's no place for that in here. But, like discussions of diabetic diets, favorite restaurants in Huntington Beach, knitting, and many other things, I tend to skip over the things that don't interest me.

I hope we can all respect that sharing bits and pieces of each other's day-to-day lives is just something that happens in group conversations, and not all of it applies to or is interesting to everybody in the group. I'd just hate for the people to do religion as a profession to have to censor themselves more than anybody else simply because their day-to-day lives happen to contain religion.

As for the passive aggressive crack? Yeah, Michael has a pretty dry communication style. But on the other hand you kind of said his profession is s**, so it should all be equal there, eh?

Don't say that. He might, he hates cats.

I don't HATE cats. I have found many cats that I like. Heck, when I take Emma to the farm for horseback riding I often carry around one of the barn cats (cute little black thing - I do like black cats best) and scratch it under the chin and visit with it while Emma rides.

It's just that a big dog is so so so so so so so much better than any cat. If Jack the Pyrenees is feeling like waking up and visiting at the farm you can bet the cat is ignored.

My nephew decided to ignore his diabetes, and pretend it wasn't a problem. In his defense, he did drop a lot of excess weight, and thought that was enough.

He has not been to a doctor in six years, since being hospitalized with diabetic shock. He's now 40 years old, I believe.

Tomorrow he will have one of his big toes amputated. Dumbass....

Mike, I hope I put this the right way...

There are some of us in the group who do religion as their profession. Your request earlier in the week to cut the religion s** sounded to me like someone asking you to stop talking about your ukulele customers. We all share talk about our work days in here - for some of us that happens to involve religion, since, you know - that's work.

When Cashew was around a lot more she'd sometimes share her beliefs - she labeled them pagan, I believe. I was always happy to hear it because it was a part of who she is. When Michael and Jan talk about religion I've never felt they've been proselytizing - it has sounded to me like they're talking about their vocation.

Definitely if any of us, no matter the religion, are trying to push it on others then I'm the first to agree with you - there's no place for that in here. But, like discussions of diabetic diets, favorite restaurants in Huntington Beach, knitting, and many other things, I tend to skip over the things that don't interest me.

I hope we can all respect that sharing bits and pieces of each other's day-to-day lives is just something that happens in group conversations, and not all of it applies to or is interesting to everybody in the group. I'd just hate for the people to do religion as a profession to have to censor themselves more than anybody else simply because their day-to-day lives happen to contain religion.

As for the passive aggressive crack? Yeah, Michael has a pretty dry communication style. But on the other hand you kind of said his profession is s**, so it should all be equal there, eh?

Then there's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom