::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't HATE cats. I have found many cats that I like. Heck, when I take Emma to the farm for horseback riding I often carry around one of the barn cats (cute little black thing - I do like black cats best) and scratch it under the chin and visit with it while Emma rides.

It's just that a big dog is so so so so so so so much better than any cat. If Jack the Pyrenees is feeling like waking up and visiting at the farm you can bet the cat is ignored.

Yeah, black cats are the best. We need a picture of you snuggling with the kitty for proof.

Mike, I hope I put this the right way...

There are some of us in the group who do religion as their profession. Your request earlier in the week to cut the religion s** sounded to me like someone asking you to stop talking about your ukulele customers. We all share talk about our work days in here - for some of us that happens to involve religion, since, you know - that's work.

When Cashew was around a lot more she'd sometimes share her beliefs - she labeled them pagan, I believe. I was always happy to hear it because it was a part of who she is. When Michael and Jan talk about religion I've never felt they've been proselytizing - it has sounded to me like they're talking about their vocation.

Definitely if any of us, no matter the religion, are trying to push it on others then I'm the first to agree with you - there's no place for that in here. But, like discussions of diabetic diets, favorite restaurants in Huntington Beach, knitting, and many other things, I tend to skip over the things that don't interest me.

I hope we can all respect that sharing bits and pieces of each other's day-to-day lives is just something that happens in group conversations, and not all of it applies to or is interesting to everybody in the group. I'd just hate for the people to do religion as a profession to have to censor themselves more than anybody else simply because their day-to-day lives happen to contain religion.

As for the passive aggressive crack? Yeah, Michael has a pretty dry communication style. But on the other hand you kind of said his profession is s**, so it should all be equal there, eh?

I have never said anything religious wise to try to convince anyone here of anything. My religion is not only one of my occupations, it is my calling and the most important thing to me. My speaking in those terms is just part of who I am.

There have been several things that have been said here on several topics that have been offensive to me. I don't usually voice that because I know we are all different here. I see this as a safe space for us to let our hair down and just unload stuff.

I have good reasons that I am wary of people who profess to be representatives of god. I was beaten physically and emotionally by Catholic nuns during my grade school years. My high school ,who was a pries,t was a big fan of our swim team even showing up for practices, the reasons became obvious when the police raided his office computer years later. I've got more stories, but I think I've made my point. You guys talking about your churches doesn't bother me at all as part of your lives, but we aren't a flock here and we don't need a shepherd. I'd willingly leave the group if that is the consensus.

I have good reasons that I am wary of people who profess to be representatives of god. I was beaten physically and emotionally by Catholic nuns during my grade school years. My high school ,who was a pries,t was a big fan of our swim team even showing up for practices, the reasons became obvious when the police raided his office computer years later. I've got more stories, but I think I've made my point. You guys talking about your churches doesn't bother me at all as part of your lives, but we aren't a flock here and we don't need a shepherd. I'd willingly leave the group if that is the consensus.

I agree with you 100%.

Can Jon still be our leader, though?

(I do not want a shepherd, either)

Sometimes I skip the religion chat. Sometimes I am curious.

Can Jon still be our leader, though?

(I do not want a shepherd, either)

Sometimes I skip the religion chat. Sometimes I am curious.

Honestly, I used to get a little pissy about the whole "leader" thing because we're best off leaderless.

But if you want to call me that - well, it says more about your serious lack of judgement than it says about my leadership, I guess.

Mike, I am so sorry for the treatment you have received at the hands of people who were supposed to represent God. I hope they receive what they deserve.

Please don't leave! It wouldn't be the same around here without you.

Honestly, I used to get a little pissy about the whole "leader" thing because we're best off leaderless.

But if you want to call me that - well, it says more about your serious lack of judgement than it says about my leadership, I guess.

Yeah, that is exactly why we call you the leader! :D

I'd hate to see anyone leave the thread, especially over controversy. I think we're all more alike than we are different, and I'm sure we can all get along....

Hey, Don! Did you see where Jon said he skips the knitting part?!?!? Can you believe that guy? :eek:

:p

Hm . . . I think we should knit him a bunch of cats . . . Like enough so his house looks like that episode of Star Trek with all those Tribbles . . . :biglaugh:

I don't HATE cats. I have found many cats that I like. Heck, when I take Emma to the farm for horseback riding I often carry around one of the barn cats (cute little black thing - I do like black cats best) and scratch it under the chin and visit with it while Emma rides.

It's just that a big dog is so so so so so so so much better than any cat. If Jack the Pyrenees is feeling like waking up and visiting at the farm you can bet the cat is ignored.

Okay. I dig both dogs and cats but if I could only have one it would be a cat.

My nephew decided to ignore his diabetes, and pretend it wasn't a problem. In his defense, he did drop a lot of excess weight, and thought that was enough.

He has not been to a doctor in six years, since being hospitalized with diabetic shock. He's now 40 years old, I believe.

Tomorrow he will have one of his big toes amputated. Dumbass....

Oh dear. Losing weight can help dramatically but diet, exercise, medication, and most importantly monitoring your blood sugar are very important.

Just bought the chamberly chaise lounge for our living room. Also cut all the rest of upstairs molding now to paint it and call it early today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom