::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon does...but mines better. It was voted on in The Great Kalua Pork Cook Off at UWC 2011.

Seriously, we had a luau at Strawberry Fields.

Excuse me. I won that cook off.

Sally adds soy sauce and other s** that no respectable Hawaiian would touch for kalua pig. I add the liquid smoke to compensate for the lack of banana trunks in the pit.

Dear Mr. Yoshida,

My son came home and said you had called the entire class a derogatory name and understandably I was upset with you. But I’ve talked with you and I’ve worked with you on a fundraiser in the past so I started asking him more questions and eventually got the entire story.

Thank you. My husband and I both come from impoverished conditions and wanted to spare our children from the life we lived. Unfortunately it seems lessons on empathy and community were spared as well. Our entire family is spending Thanksgiving morning at the Sunnyvale Community center helping in any way we can and then both my kids will be cleaning out their closets and volunteering some time at the close closet over the winter break. Thank you for opening my eyes to the fact that I was raising a callous asshole.

Best regards,

BINGO!! Your message was heard, and will ultimately do some good, both the the needy, and to the little asshole.

This, sir, is teaching at its pinnacle. My hat is off to you, and I thank you for your caring....

Salt and smoke is all they usually use. I think I added something else, damn it’s been years and I can’t remember. Maybe a touch of brown sugar.

I like it better in the oven. You can crank it up and get the crust all crunchy. I remember wrapping it very tightly in heavy foil.

Yes, at the kalua pig-off at UWC I did mine in the oven and you did yours in the crock pot. Results are about the same, I think.

BINGO!! Your message was heard, and will ultimately do some good, both the the needy, and to the little asshole.

This, sir, is teaching at its pinnacle. My hat is off to you, and I thank you for your caring....

My classroom also looks like a toy store today.

. . . on the last day of the canned food drive.

Dear Mr. Yoshida,

My son came home and said you had called the entire class a derogatory name and understandably I was upset with you. But I’ve talked with you and I’ve worked with you on a fundraiser in the past so I started asking him more questions and eventually got the entire story.

Thank you. My husband and I both come from impoverished conditions and wanted to spare our children from the life we lived. Unfortunately it seems lessons on empathy and community were spared as well. Our entire family is spending Thanksgiving morning at the Sunnyvale Community center helping in any way we can and then both my kids will be cleaning out their closets and volunteering some time at the close closet over the winter break. Thank you for opening my eyes to the fact that I was raising a callous asshole.

Best regards,

That is awesome! Gary saves Thanksgiving!

Thanks for all the praise but all I did was get insulted and mad at my kids.

That one parent took the time to write and the other kids know they were wrong to cheer.

Do you think a photo book of my kid would be an okay present for my grandparents?

I'm running out of things to buy them and they're getting up there in years (94&89) so tech stuff is out.

Has anyone done a windshield repair of a chip/crack?
I found one on my van.
I went by the local Glass Doctor and they wanted $70 to perform the repair. On the way home I stopped at the Auto Zone and they wanted $17 for the Permatex repair kit. I got home and went on Amazon and the Permatex kit is less than $9. So I ordered one from Amazon. The damaged area, at this time, is the size of the end diameter of a pencil eraser.

I found one on my van.
I went by the local Glass Doctor and they wanted $70 to perform the repair. On the way home I stopped at the Auto Zone and they wanted $17 for the Permatex repair kit. I got home and went on Amazon and the Permatex kit is less than $9. So I ordered one from Amazon. The damaged area, at this time, is the size of the end diameter of a pencil eraser.

I had one taken care of years and years ago. They used epoxy and applied it using vacuum. You could still the crack if you looked really hard but it never got bigger.

I hear the repairs are much better now.

Tell us how it works out.

I had one taken care of years and years ago. They used epoxy and applied it using vacuum. You could still the crack if you looked really hard but it never got bigger.

I hear the repairs are much better now.

Tell us how it works out.

If the glass shop had have quoted $25 or $30 they would have gotten the job. $70 is 20% the cost of a new windshield, installed.

Yes, at the kalua pig-off at UWC I did mine in the oven and you did yours in the crock pot. Results are about the same, I think.

Really? Man I can’t remember anything. Of course I was still drinking a bit back then. Crap, getting old sucks.

If the glass shop had have quoted $25 or $30 they would have gotten the job. $70 is 20% the cost of a new windshield, installed.

My Pilot windshield is expensive. Something about embedded electronics and other stuff I tuned out.

Do you think a photo book of my kid would be an okay present for my grandparents?

I'm running out of things to buy them and they're getting up there in years (94&89) so tech stuff is out.

My daughter gives us photo books of her family every Christmas. We LOVE them!

I found one on my van.

I've never tried it, Rob. We have total glass replacement coverage on our insurance....

I remember seeing Roman Candles, I think they’re called, For the first time at that party (maybe it was the next year?) Mim was holding one shooting balls of fire across the yard.

That blew my mind. I’ve never seen anything like that here in CA or even in Mexico when I was a kid.

Roman candles wars are the best. Yup you walk away kinda like a gun shoot out and start firing at each other. Good times. Wonder I am alive today.

My grandfather sold illegal fireworks out of his barbershop and stored them at my parent's house. My cousins and I used to have Roman candle fights. We used garbage can lids for shields.

some days I'm really surprised I made it out of childhood.

Were you my brother in a past life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom