::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stainless steel Faberwear has lasted over 35 years. I dumped the skillets years ago and buy non-stick frying pans, but the pots and lids are great.
My current frying pans are the Green brand. I’ve been treating them with kid gloves and they are lasting well.

My stainless steel Faberwear has lasted over 35 years. I dumped the skillets years ago and buy non-stick frying pans, but the pots and lids are great.
My current frying pans are the Green brand. I’ve been treating them with kid gloves and they are lasting well.

Super durable.

But compared to something like Calphalon, they don't hold heat very well. If you were going to poach a chicken for instance. When you drop the chicken in the water the temp drops considerably in Farbewear and takes a bit of time to come back,. Calphalon has much thicker walls and a thick aluminum puck surrounded by stainless steel on the bottom. Minimal drop in temperature and faster recovery time.

You know, if that matters to you.

Check your BS...have you eaten?

Two days of staying up late and waking up early. And yesterday was a super long day at the festival. I woke up at 4:30am and didn't get home until 11:45pm.

And then Mika wanted to chat all about her weekend. I didn't get to sleep until almost 1:00am and then woke up at 4:45 again.

My wife is still second guessing my handy work to get a nice flooring done and have it look good at half the price.

Maybe you can do a small room first and prove to her you can do a good job so she will relax.

Maybe you can do a small room first and prove to her you can do a good job so she will relax.

No. If it's not that it will be something else.

Mrs Pere, when she comes home from travels, seems to prowl the house, unsatisfied until she can find some lapse for which she can hold me responsible. I've gotten so I don't vacuum the living room. She walks in, sees that, complains, and is happy. Saves about an hour.

I would love to be able to say "yes" but I can barely keep up in intermediate workshops. If they go into theory I'm completely lost or if they pull out crazy chord changes.

I have noticed that I kind of stagnate with strums. I really do not ever think about what I am doing - if people say oh you have to do DU&DDUD or whatever I am basically totally lost - I just listen to the song and then duplicate the sound, not the actual up and down direction.
When I watch my videos I see that my hand never varies in tempo - the illusion of the strum pattern is from either missing the strings or muting.
This makes it very challenging for me to have an actual strum pattern of varied intervals. Like what I was trying to do on the Menehune song - The A-D sections - the actual song only has ONE A strum and ONE D strum. I tried for ages to stop my right hand - just do the single strums - then pick that complex strum back up again - I just could not do it. It was also very difficult to sing while playing that syncopated strum - there are a few spots where it 'degenerates' into my 'standard' strum.
Of course, I also did not get the source material until Friday at 7:00pm. I had no chords or sheets to work from, just listened to an MP3 over and over.
It was a really good exercise.
The Seasons is really good for working on this type of thing, especially when I have now imposed the added challenge of playing the song off book.
I think learning it off book really improves the vocals - freeing yourself to emote instead of just reading.

I'll be having a turkey pot pie.

I was too lazy to stop by the grocery store on the way to work to get stuff to make lunch.

I'm super tired from this weekend.

Last night after I made dinner and recorded / uploaded video I watched a little TV and then I was tired so I wanted to go to bed. I went in the ocean and only used a beach shower so I needed to take a shower. Then I thought it would be best to just make my lunch so I would not have to do it in the morning. Next thing I know it's 1:00am.
I am a tired boy today.

I have noticed that I kind of stagnate with strums. I really do not ever think about what I am doing - if people say oh you have to do DU&DDUD or whatever I am basically totally lost - I just listen to the song and then duplicate the sound, not the actual up and down direction.
When I watch my videos I see that my hand never varies in tempo - the illusion of the strum pattern is from either missing the strings or muting.
This makes it very challenging for me to have an actual strum pattern of varied intervals. Like what I was trying to do on the Menehune song - The A-D sections - the actual song only has ONE A strum and ONE D strum. I tried for ages to stop my right hand - just do the single strums - then pick that complex strum back up again - I just could not do it. It was also very difficult to sing while playing that syncopated strum - there are a few spots where it 'degenerates' into my 'standard' strum.
Of course, I also did not get the source material until Friday at 7:00pm. I had no chords or sheets to work from, just listened to an MP3 over and over.
It was a really good exercise.
The Seasons is really good for working on this type of thing, especially when I have now imposed the added challenge of playing the song off book.
I think learning it off book really improves the vocals - freeing yourself to emote instead of just reading.

I did surprise myself with some of the chords I was able to play relatively smoothly during some of the workshops. Chords I'd never even seen before.

You know, I have friends that play music with Peter Escovido. I wonder if I tagged it correctly if I could get you know who to see Aldrine's version of Europa?

I wonder what I should tag it with?

No. If it's not that it will be something else.

Mrs Pere, when she comes home from travels, seems to prowl the house, unsatisfied until she can find some lapse for which she can hold me responsible. I've gotten so I don't vacuum the living room. She walks in, sees that, complains, and is happy. Saves about an hour.

My mom used to do that to me. She would have this mysterious mental list of stuff - like chores I guess - and she would grill me about it. All the stuff I did, no praise -
it was expected; whatever I did not get done, I would get chewed out for.

You know, I have friends that play music with Peter Escovido. I wonder if I tagged it correctly if I could get you know who to see Aldrine's version of Europa?

I wonder what I should tag it with?

Mahalo for sharing. Maybe just a hashtag Santana? SantanaCover? Or try searching come hashtags and see what you come up with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom