::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was SO BAD at all those games. Terrible hand-eye coordination.

Dig Dug was (and still is!) one of my favorites. I still play it on my PSP, that and Joust and Galaga.
I was pretty good at Donkey Kong.
My favorite game was probably Marble Madness.

The power of being a PoHo.

We've never met.
We've never spoken on the phone.

Yet, I'm ridiculously excited for your upcoming retirement. When I log on the first thing I go to check is your countdown and every day it makes me smile. It was the same when Damon was dreaming of, then planning for his move to paradise. Tack's epic meet up with the hos at UWC. Don's retirement. Rob working on his house. All the little (and big) things we share on the thread.

It's like a family I've only partially met :)

We got close a few times. When I was in Palo Alto for my mother's final illness we almost got together. That "almost" lingers as a sign of PoHo friendship. I was happy that it could even have been a thing.

Tack's journey in Italy and then to the Field are some of the earliest PoHo stories I remember. We've suffered parental passages together, helped some on their way to bigger and better things (Mim, UE, who else?), watched James grow up, and held your hand in this health crisis.

I don't take being a PoHo for granted.

We got close a few times. When I was in Palo Alto for my mother's final illness we almost got together. That "almost" lingers as a sign of PoHo friendship. I was happy that it could even have been a thing.

Tack's journey in Italy and then to the Field are some of the earliest PoHo stories I remember. We've suffered parental passages together, helped some on their way to bigger and better things (Mim, UE, who else?), watched James grow up, and held your hand in this health crisis.

I don't take being a PoHo for granted.

Thursday we start on our way New Orleans. Grand daughter's graduation from Tulane.

The power of being a PoHo.

We've never met.
We've never spoken on the phone.

Yet, I'm ridiculously excited for your upcoming retirement. When I log on the first thing I go to check is your countdown and every day it makes me smile. It was the same when Damon was dreaming of, then planning for his move to paradise. Tack's epic meet up with the hos at UWC. Don's retirement. Rob working on his house. All the little (and big) things we share on the thread.

It's like a family I've only partially met :)

Yes, this....

I have spent most of this morning out in my garage, sorting and cleaning my tools and home repair stuff. I got a couple of boxes emptied, put some stuff in the trash, and sorted some to be recycled.

It doesn't look a lot different, I guess, but things are better organised, now. All this is in preparation for much-needed downsizing. We thought we had done a pretty good job of it when we moved, but it became immediately obvious another round (or two!) were needed.

I can tell, already, that it will be very hard to let go of essentially all of my tools when we move to our apartment in Florida. I have collected these tools over my lifetime, and have taken pride in what I can accomplish with them. There will just be no room, and no need for all these tools down there.

sigh....

I have been willing, if not ready, to leave New York and move to the apartment, ever since we first visited there. Elaine, not so much.

She has come to enjoy it there more and more, over time. I have been waiting patiently for her to be ready, too. She surprised me this year by saying she'd be ready to make the move....IF we could get a larger apartment.

We have put our name in for ones that have become available, but never got one....until now! The available apartments are awarded by seniority, based on how long you have been a tenant. We just got the vacant apartment two doors down from us in the same building we are already in. We won't even need a truck to move!

This apartment is just over 100 square feet larger than where we have been. It has an additional room which is 8x13, and a larger screened porch (8x12 as opposed to 8x8).

That doesn't sound like much extra room, but remember that the apartment we have now is only 600 square feet. We will gain just over 100 square feet of interior space, and 50% more porch space....

Our plan is to visit in July for 10 days to complete our move from one apartment to the other. Then we will go down, as usual, from Christmas time until just after Easter.

Then, in June of next year, after she finishes teaching for the school year, she will call it quits with her tutoring job. If I'm still working then, I'll quit my job at NAPA. Our plan is to then head back to Florida to spend the summer, to make sure this is what we want full-time BEFORE we sell our condo here. We both think we'll be just fine with Florida summers.

If we find that to be the case, we'll come back here in the fall of 2019 to liquidate most of what we own, and sell the condo....

Our plan is to visit in July for 10 days to complete our move from one apartment to the other. Then we will go down, as usual, from Christmas time until just after Easter.

Then, in June of next year, after she finishes teaching for the school year, she will call it quits with her tutoring job. If I'm still working then, I'll quit my job at NAPA. Our plan is to then head back to Florida to spend the summer, to make sure this is what we want full-time BEFORE we sell our condo here. We both think we'll be just fine with Florida summers.

If we find that to be the case, we'll come back here in the fall of 2019 to liquidate most of what we own, and sell the condo....

Yay! You'll move in time to experience hurricane season!

I just dropped my first eve f-bomb in the classroom.

I would say I'm way more patient than most, especially with the knuckleheads that don't want to be here, because I was one of those knuckleheads. I've talked to them twice in the last month that my classroom is still indeed a classroom and I have a standard of behavior that is met or you are no longer welcome in my class (I can kick a kid out at any time because of the funding structure and CTE category).

Not my proudest moment, but five of them just came by at lunch to apologize.

I just dropped my first eve f-bomb in the classroom.

I would say I'm way more patient than most, especially with the knuckleheads that don't want to be here, because I was one of those knuckleheads. I've talked to them twice in the last month that my classroom is still indeed a classroom and I have a standard of behavior that is met or you are no longer welcome in my class (I can kick a kid out at any time because of the funding structure and CTE category).

Not my proudest moment, but five of them just came by at lunch to apologize.

On a youth retreat. The guys were getting loud and rowdy. The second year holy man walks into their dorm and shouts, "Will you guys shut the (f-bomb) up!" Instant quiet. I walked back to the other chaperones who are all staring at me with their mouths hanging open, followed by quiet laughter.

On a youth retreat. The guys were getting loud and rowdy. The second year holy man walks into their dorm and shouts, "Will you guys shut the (f-bomb) up!" Instant quiet. I walked back to the other chaperones who are all staring at me with their mouths hanging open, followed by quiet laughter.

20 years in.

losing my filter

I just watched a YouTube of a beekeeper clearing a yellow jacket nest out from under someone's house. He kept saying, "I'm a beekeeper. What the hell am I doing here? I'm a BEEkeeper!"

He said he had 150 stings by the time he was done (he was wearing a bee suit), was really sick for 24 hours, and that in the future he'd just stick to honeybees, because yellow jackets were a totally different thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom