::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to ground school, but never got my license. I know how to fly though. I have never landed, but flown a Cessna 172 and a Beech Bonanza a few times. I love it!

Got my license the same month I turned 18. But my girlfriend had GREAT legs and watching her spin out of my MG was better than flying. I let it slide. Professional flying was never my destiny. So basically it's just a way to throw money in the air and not have it come down. It's a view you can't get any other way. I miss it. Haven't flown since coming to Kansas.

I've flown Cessnas, Piper Cherokees, Diamond Katanas, Citabrias, a J-3 Cub, sailplanes, and even an Aero Commander twin. Landed them all but the Aero Commander. That belonged to a friend and I wasn't ME qualified.

The Citabria is the most fun. I don't do aerobatics, but I love the challenge of a taildragger.

I've flown Cessnas, Piper Cherokees, Diamond Katanas, Citabrias, a J-3 Cub, sailplanes, and even an Aero Commander twin. Landed them all but the Aero Commander. That belonged to a friend and I wasn't ME qualified.

The Citabria is the most fun. I don't do aerobatics, but I love the challenge of a taildragger.

I'd be perfectly satisfied with the J-3 Cub. To pilot one was a life-long dream. I finally got a ride in one in Key West a few years ago. It was everything I had hoped it would be....

My favourite to fly was our family friend's 1965 Beech Debonair A-33. Basically a conventional tail Bonanza. Good power, low wing, retractable gear, we used to fly to Catalina from Orange County, eat breakfast at the airport, then buzz the beach a bit and come back. He also had an older 911, and would fill that with aviation fuel at the airport when he fueled his plane. The was the late 70s and early 80s, I was just a kid with dreams of flying for a living.

My favourite to fly was our family friend's 1965 Beech Debonair A-33. Basically a conventional tail Bonanza. Good power, low wing, retractable gear, we used to fly to Catalina from Orange County, eat breakfast at the airport, then buzz the beach a bit and come back. He also had an older 911, and would fill that with aviation fuel at the airport when he fueled his plane. The was the late 70s and early 80s, I was just a kid with dreams of flying for a living.

Good times.

I started college as an aviation major. I already had my private ticket. I hadn't the vision to be a commercial pilot, I hadn't the head for numbers to be an engineer, and I didn't want to get my hands greasy as a mechanic. Time to change majors.

I took my Private Pilot checkride with a local legend in aviation. Browsing a used bookstore years later I discovered that he wrote the book on commercial aviation in the 30s, literally. I bought the book and tucked my temporary Airman Certificate signed by him in it as a bookmark.

finally got a chance to log on today

got a lot done around the house and then made it out to new brewery to meet up with some friends after James' basketball party for the other team

At James' party I sat down at the bar, ordered a beer, and then all of a sudden a scotch showed up. Turns out I taught the bartender his sophomore year (1997).

Must be the beers

I just ate a couple chili cheese dogs from weinerschnitzel and they were REALLY good..

Ever fly into Meadowlark airport Damon? That was the awesomest little community airport ever!

Michael called today, he had 5 minutes. Third day of basic. He is exhausted and hungry. He says he's going to make it but boy is it hard. He sounded homesick I think. It was so good to hear him but this is hard for me.

We're off to go camping in the morning...no cell service. Have a good week kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom