::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it back home last night. We stopped by and visited my mom in Cincinnati on the way back from Altoona. It could be worse, now they are saying it was an occipital lobe stroke. She has some aphasia and her vision seems to be kind of like tunnel vision. Hard to tell if she can see all of the time or some of the time. The Dr said with intensive therapy this week some of it may come back, but after this week anything that doesn't come back won't come back. Mom still thinks she is going home after this, but that probably won't happen. No one has told her that yet. Personally, I think hiring someone to live with her is an option, but my sister (a nurse) is the one in charge of making the medical decisions and since we live 2+ hrs away, I feel like we shouldn't have a big say in the decision since we can't help on a daily basis.

That stuff sucks. We're local to my mom, along with my sister. Sheryl and Jodi do most of the mom management - but that doesn't stop two of the other three from thinking they know better. We have had several periods where we've had to work to fix the damage they've done with their best of intentions.

Still thinking about all those tasty beers I had this weekend. I learned from past stay away from the stouts and imperial stout. Had a ton of ipas wish they had some sours. Saison were good there too.

Can't stand IPAs or sours. I enjoy stouts. I still like ambers the best. I don't know what a saison is like...never tried one. I still love my Rogue Dead Guy the best, though I've had two while at UWC (one of them that fantastic golden that Mike's buddy makes in Bloomington) that give Dead Guy a run for its money.

While it wasn't this particular promotion, I had a nightmare scenario trying to get Verizon to honor the discounts I was promised when I started my service. Dozens of calls, some lasting over an hour, getting written proof from the office where'd I'd started the account, even getting proof from the internet that the promotion existed! When they finally worked it out, they made the lame excuse that it was a regional promotion that they weren't aware of. That might be an explanation for not finding it the first time, but the tenth?

Yeah - the person I talked to seemed to have some trouble "finding" the promotion. It was their black Friday deal - and it was a national deal. Damon and I both jumped on it, both got screwed. I think mine has been sorted out now. The only reason I have the phone I have now (Pixel) is because of that promotion - I would never have paid the price without the deal.

I worked on the countertop in the loft yesterday. The two pieces meet in a 135 degree angle, which has been a challenge. I got special bolts to pull the two pieces together, but had to route out channels to put the bolts into. At least it's all done, though there's another piece that has to be grafted onto the end. That's just a straight joint, though, so I don't have to deal with the angle. I hate home improvement stuff.

That countertop sounds cool, with the 135 degree angle. Got any pics?

That countertop sounds cool, with the 135 degree angle. Got any pics?

No...it's nothing special. The loft extends out over the living room a bit - the wall has that 135 degree angle. We're installing base cabinets with a counter top along the inside of the balcony wall for better storage and to create a desk area for arts and crafts for the kids.

I'm training the new driver at work, today. He's a nice guy, and bright enough, but man, can this guy talk! He could talk the chrome right off the bumpers of a '57 Cadillac.

It's all small talk, which has its place, but sometimes I'm having trouble getting a word in that's work related. Maybe he's just nervous, and it won't last?

No...it's nothing special. The loft extends out over the living room a bit - the wall has that 135 degree angle. We're installing base cabinets with a counter top along the inside of the balcony wall for better storage and to create a desk area for arts and crafts for the kids.

That's the type of project that will really enhance resale value, too....

Can't stand IPAs or sours. I enjoy stouts. I still like ambers the best. I don't know what a saison is like...never tried one. I still love my Rogue Dead Guy the best, though I've had two while at UWC (one of them that fantastic golden that Mike's buddy makes in Bloomington) that give Dead Guy a run for its money.

I try not to like IPA's because they're so "hipster."

(but I do)

Stouts are still my fav too.

That stuff sucks. We're local to my mom, along with my sister. Sheryl and Jodi do most of the mom management - but that doesn't stop two of the other three from thinking they know better. We have had several periods where we've had to work to fix the damage they've done with their best of intentions.

My oldest sister is the problem, she's the bitch of the family, constantly pissing someone or everyone off. She showed up at the hospital last night and had me pissed off in under 10 minutes. She likes to lecture me, specifically what I should be doing with my son, I always just politely keep my mouth shut because it is typically during a holiday or in this case in front of mom.
If her son were a doctor, it might be a different story, but he is the biggest loser in the entire extended family. He took 6 years to get an associate degree in physical education and is struggling through his 2nd marriage before he is even 30. I've had it, next time she is going to get blasted, no holds barred! Six years to get qualified as a gym teacher, way to go!

My oldest sister is the problem, she's the bitch of the family, constantly pissing someone or everyone off. She showed up at the hospital last night and had me pissed off in under 10 minutes. She likes to lecture me, specifically what I should be doing with my son, I always just politely keep my mouth shut because it is typically during a holiday or in this case in front of mom.
If her son were a doctor, it might be a different story, but he is the biggest loser in the entire extended family. He took 6 years to get an associate degree in physical education and is struggling through his 2nd marriage before he is even 30. I've had it, next time she is going to get blasted, no holds barred! Six years to get qualified as a gym teacher, way to go!

Go Mike! Seriously she needs to let you be. Matt is a great young man with a very good heart.

In-home care is great if you find the right person.

Some ipas are good I definitely like the NE juicy type ones. The bitter west coast ones you can have.

If that makes me a hipster, that's weird I am og hip.

Some ipas are good I definitely like the NE juicy type ones. The bitter west coast ones you can have.

If that makes me a hipster, that's weird I am og hip.
Describing a beer as juicy is another pet peeve. Sorry Ken.

I've had people give me IPAs swearing that "It's not super bitter like so many IPAs!" and I still hate them.

The best beer is a balance of the ingredients - malt and hops should compliment each other; neither flavor should be overpowering.

Don't you love getting told how to parent by people who's kids are everything you want yours not to be?!

Please tell us how it feels after you let her have it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom