::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if You don’t recognize this intro you musta been living under a rock since 1976.

There is nothing quite so incongruous as seeing Jerry Garcia playing Pete Townshend guitars parts.
I totally remember when Bobby and Steve Miller were clowning around and doing the jumps and windmills.
That Tomorrow Never Knows afterwards was a first for them as well.
I really miss going to those shows.
I would probably enjoy going to see Dead and Company with John Mayer,
but like everything else, it is just SUPER Expensive, especially when you add in airfare...

Phil Lesh has been here in Honolulu for New Year's the last three years,
and I have been in California. Maybe I can make it to that show this year.

I totally remember when Bobby and Steve Miller were clowning around and doing the jumps and windmills.
That Tomorrow Never Knows afterwards was a first for them as well.
I really miss going to those shows.
I would probably enjoy going to see Dead and Company with John Mayer,
but like everything else, it is just SUPER Expensive, especially when you add in airfare...

Phil Lesh has been here in Honolulu for New Year's the last three years,
and I have been in California. Maybe I can make it to that show this year.

You didn't jump on the Phish train?

this is all I picture from your name.....

SisterFaustina.jpg

Superb...This made me laugh. If this is the picture you have in mind, you've made me much younger and prettier. Thank you. The reason for the pseudonym is that my brother, UkuleleRob, has often referred to me, at least to ukulele friends, as his sister Lynn. Early on many of them called me Sister Lynn. That is where the similarity begins and enfds. Beyond that any similarity is unintentional and fictitious, with one possible exception...that of Cheech and Ching's Sister Mary Elephant!

You didn't jump on the Phish train?

Funny you should ask. My best friend in the late 80's / Early 90's has a younger brother (who is also a good friend) and in fact it is this younger brother of my best friend who is fully responsible for us becoming Deadheads. He went to college at Humboldt and he is now a recording engineer. While he was in college he did a lot of taping of live bands that would come play near campus. One of the bands that came there regularly was this little-known band named Phish.
He sent me some crispy tapes and I ate it up. I never really put them in the same camp as the Grateful Dead. I do like Phish, and have seen them live a few times, but the new Phish is not the same as the early Phish. Two of the shows I saw, one was on my birthday in maybe 1990 or so at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano, a very small venue and they absolutely blew the roof off that place. I also saw them at a small college campus show that was great too. By the time Phish got to stadium-venue status it was wearing a little thin - and then Trey had his rehab struggles, and now they are more or less back, good for them, but I think I prefer to keep my memories of those special early shows.

So many people I know do the baker's dozen at msg. I can't imagine going to same show for 13 nights in a row.

OK - just like with the Dead - it is NOT the same show. Not at all. They may be the same musicians, but they do not repeat a song. Completely different show and different vibe.

When I would go see the Dead, we would always go to all shows in the stand. If they played three nights, we went all three nights. Different show each night. The dead would also try not to repeat songs in the same region - so if you went to shows in say Sacramento, Mountain View, and Berkeley, for that whole string of 10-12 shows they would not repeat. Also mail-order tickets were only like $25-$30 so seeing three shows was about the same as seeing one show today cost-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom