::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ukin' with the oldies today. Did I mention I'm leading now? Leader's husband got sick.

Black ice on the roads. Freezing rain overnight. But my nose has finally stopped running, so there's that.

Also Sarah lesson.

That sounds like a good day.

Don't lead 'em astray.:p

She's good. Whoever spliced that together is good, too. In some of the shots she was wearing shorts. In other shots, she had on knee length pants.

I was going to call you eagle eye, but I don't see it - same outfit through the whole thing.

Sorry for the uke related question, but: If I want to tune one of my ukuleles to low G, do I have to get another string - a wound string - to do it, or can I just use the string I have and retune it?

This will have been answered - but you need a new string. Doesn't necessarily have to be wound - some fluorocarbon sets have unwound low G strings, I think.

Another string is best.
BUT
It is possible to do low G with a standard set.
Put the C string as low g
Put the high G as the E string
Use the E string as C.

The low g and C will have lower tension, but it works ok.

Or...get a new low G string.

You, too? Goodness! I did not know there was so much low G hate going on!

I must explore this low G to investigate its evil!! :cool:

My musical ear is so bad that I couldn't identify a low G uke just by listening to it. Playing them I find high g more satisfying - but I also tend to play sopranos.

Calendar days, since, you know, clergy work 24/7. If clergy only work Sundays it's 19.

Wow. 19 Sundays. That really makes it sound short! What's your last day, Padre? (I know - I could count it out. Not going to.)

I hope the congregation has some kind of grand farewell planned...

If only.

Today was a waking nightmare. Our musician gave up. He is dealing with deterioration of the use of his hands. Very sad and upsetting. He's studied and performed classical music since his age was in single digits. Now in his late 30's he can no longer play the organ.

Oh dear. That is so sad. Our organist has been with the church for 45 years now - he's amazing. I can't imagine what will happen to him when he can't play any more.

Ugh!!! Day 7 of this 100 Days of Knitting patterns is kicking my butt! It is a doozy! Purling 2 stitches together through the back is a real kicker plus yarn overs after a purl stitch. Ughipoo!!

On a more positive note, we are having a 2 hour early dismissal due to the threat of winter precip. I'm going to come home and make chili and chicken veggie soup and freeze most of it.

This is what I heard:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah SOUP blah blah blah.

Morning all. Frosty here but yesterday was beautiful
Yes, quite lovely.
This is where we wound up on Saturday.

f2iXhU0.jpg

I barricaded myself in my room for the last few days and now it is 100% decluttered and looks amazing (for me). Which is to say, it probably looks normal for other folks.

Progress, not perfection.

Ugh!!! Day 7 of this 100 Days of Knitting patterns is kicking my butt! It is a doozy! Purling 2 stitches together through the back is a real kicker plus yarn overs after a purl stitch. Ughipoo!!

On a more positive note, we are having a 2 hour early dismissal due to the threat of winter precip. I'm going to come home and make chili and chicken veggie soup and freeze most of it.

I'm going to be batch cooking breakfasts. Breakfast is a weak point for me. Fritatta is always a good way to start the day, though. I am going to try to do it every Sunday for the week.

One more laundry change over and starting dishes and I'll be ready to go to work. This morning has been crazy productive. I feel like kenvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom