::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they can get me a sub to work the last two days of school?

and get around the whole contractual issue too

Sure, if they're submissive, they'll probably do anything you say...

....oh, wait. That's not what you meant is it.

That's so weird. Kids never get to write creatively so I was creating an assignment for them. I'm going to have my class write "origin of superstition" stories.

we must be sharing the same brainwaves right now.

:biglaugh:Must be.

Hello everyone how are you today? One year at my job now my mom found good prices on airline tickets so she will be here next week. My buddy looking like he won't get to go to New Orleans we been plaining it for while kind of bummed about it.

Yay for Mom visit!

We have a twin-blade mezzaluna and we use it when we make salad. Ours is not that pizza wheel abomination though.

Yummy! Chicken veggie soup is just about ready!!

attachment.php

We have a twin-blade mezzaluna and we use it when we make salad. Ours is not that pizza wheel abomination though.

Well, what kind do you have? I'm thinking the pizza rolling kind would not be as good, but I love the bowl.

Does anyone have a mezzaluna chopper (you know, one of those salad choppers like Subway uses)? I want to get one. Unless someone has a suggestion, I am going with this one: (except from Amazon)
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/oxo-good-grips-reg-salad-chopper-and-bowl/1016074063

I considered it briefly after using one over at a friends house. Pretty cool. I ended up not getting one because I have too many kitchen gadgets and barely enough storage space for it all as is. I’m good with a sharp knife anyway. Not sure about that Oxo set. That looks like a double blade pizza cutter. Not sure it’d cut that well for larger things. Might have to precut some larger veggies before chopping away with it.

The one I was considering was one of the two handled ones that come with a wooden bowl, similar to this:

Attachments

• F9ED2EB6-18ED-47ED-9325-D3865112638A.jpg
    F9ED2EB6-18ED-47ED-9325-D3865112638A.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 3
Yes Sally check your insurance. Often for meds you take every month you can get mail order AND they often give you a 90-day supply for a single co-pay.
Super convenient!

Yes, I replied to your FB post here.

Does anyone have a mezzaluna chopper (you know, one of those salad choppers like Subway uses)? I want to get one. Unless someone has a suggestion, I am going with this one: (except from Amazon)
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/oxo-good-grips-reg-salad-chopper-and-bowl/1016074063

Call me crazy but instead of wasting my money on a one-trick-pony like that, I use one of these. Gets the job done every time and I can use it for other stuff too!

Sekiryu-Japanese-Vegetable-Knife-165cm-0-1.jpg

Yes Sally check your insurance. Often for meds you take every month you can get mail order AND they often give you a 90-day supply for a single co-pay.
Super convenient!

Yes, I replied to your FB post here.

Mika changed jobs so I no longer have double coverage. Rx meds went back to 30 day and I have to switch them all over to my insurance only again.

PITA

Personally I don’t even like handled pizza cutters for cutting pizza. I have a palm held pizza cutter which would probably work for chopping stuff.

Well, what kind do you have? I'm thinking the pizza rolling kind would not be as good, but I love the bowl.

I have no idea what kind it is, or where or when we bought it. For all I know it magically appeared in out kitchen one day, or maybe my mom gave it to us. We use it primarily for romaine lettuce and onions. I would actually rather use Jerry's cleaver/knife myself.

Nice! I bet it costs way more than that chopping set though.

It doesn't have to be that knife. Any chef's knife will work for cutting salad.

I don't think I could bet myself to pay for something that I could easily do with a knife. My kitchen is so small that I don't even have a colander. I use the pasta insert that easily stores inside my stock pot. I try to have as few gadgets as possible to save space. My meat tenderizer is the bottom of my sauce pan :)

I have to agree with Gary on having a good knife.

The Vitorinox Fibrox 8” chef’s knife is a great budget friendly choice. That and a knife skills class would go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom