::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't have to be that knife. Any chef's knife will work for cutting salad.

I don't think I could bet myself to pay for something that I could easily do with a knife. My kitchen is so small that I don't even have a colander. I use the pasta insert that easily stores inside my stock pot. I try to have as few gadgets as possible to save space. My meat tenderizer is the bottom of my sauce pan :)

I use our smaller cast iron skillet for a meat tenderizer. My husband usually comments how he feels sorry for anyone who tries to break into our house while we’re home. Between my knife and cast iron wielding skills, they wouldn’t have a chance.

Here's pretty much all you need to know.

Pretty much! I picked up knife skills from watching a lot of cooking shows growing up. I remember watching “Yan Can Cook” with my dad when I was little. Then I graduated to Jacque Pepin and other cooking shows on PBS.

It doesn't have to be that knife. Any chef's knife will work for cutting salad.

I don't think I could bet myself to pay for something that I could easily do with a knife. My kitchen is so small that I don't even have a colander. I use the pasta insert that easily stores inside my stock pot. I try to have as few gadgets as possible to save space. My meat tenderizer is the bottom of my sauce pan :)

We have tons of gadgets - many of them purchased as jokes. But for cutting things we use a knife. Our favorite is a Santoku knife that Sheryl got me for Christmas about 10 years ago. It's sharp, has a great shape, comfortable handle...I can't imagine using other things.

Pretty much! I picked up knife skills from watching a lot of cooking shows growing up. I remember watching “Yan Can Cook” with my dad when I was little. Then I graduated to Jacque Pepin and other cooking shows on PBS.

::name drop::

I was on one of his shows. I'm chopping cabbage in the background with a sushi knife. "Do not try dis at home. He is a hi wry skilled sushi chef.""

You have to read that in his accent and cadence. I've never been able to find the episode on line but it was a segment on Japanese food and he was cooking tonkatsu.

And I know I've said this here before. He has no accent when the camera is off.

::name drop::

I was on one of his shows. I'm chopping cabbage in the background with a sushi knife. "Do not try dis at home. He is a hi wry skilled sushi chef.""

You have to read that in his accent and cadence. I've never been able to find the episode on line but it was a segment on Japanese food and he was cooking tonkatsu.

And I know I've said this here before. He has no accent when the camera is off.

That’s so funny that he plays up the accent for TV.

The Ikea and Cost Plus World Market knives are good budget friendly knives too. Almost half the price of the Viorinox knife. I’m pretty sure both of those stores get their knives from the same factory in China. The Ikea knives are a tiny bit fancier.

With knives and pots and pans (except for teflon) I would buy the best you can afford. They don't go bad and you use them every day.

teflon doesn't last so I just buy as cheap as I can. I only use them for eggs mostly.

Emailed head Brewer. Looking for commercial type exp

Maybe start putting feelers out for an apprentice type job at a brewery? I’d think you’d pick up a lot working your way up even if you started out wiping down the inside of those gigantic tanks. It could be more fun and satisfying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom