::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I really think is most incredible about this ukulele is the resonance. Even at low volume and a light touch. Like in my vid when I slide up to the chord you hear it - my other ukuleles don't do that.
I was not trying to slide the chord, I was just re-positioning my hand but did not let all the way off the strings.

I can touch the top while I am talking at a normal speaking level and feel the vibration. I am using a strap when I play it because if my forearm touches the top like when you hold an ukulele the tone changes. Each place you strum or pick from gives you a variation in tone. There are so many ways to get so many different sounds out of it.

It's just A W E S O M E !

I am sure Nanilei would be sick of my playing this ukulele by now. I get to "get it out of my system" without her here for the discovery process. #SilverLining

Man, at the Cerritos Ukulele festival in - what 2010 maybe? - I was such a noob.
MGM was there but I did not know who he was.
Compass Rose was there, but I did not know it was Rick Turner's brand.
I remember ogling the ukuleles but thinking they were overpriced!
If only I had known...

I met RT at 2011 NAMM. He enjoyed talking about his ukes.

Tammy brought Jonah and vodka. Although I don't drink anymore it was fun watching her drink. She's a blast. Jonah is a super sweet and funny guy. He's a keeper. He brought his VR GOGGLES. What a blast.

So I noticed something. I use a video camera to make these videos. It has a little screen you can flip around so that you can see what you are recording if you are in front of the camera.
I try to learn all songs off-book before I make videos now, I feel it makes the vocal performance better when you are not reading.
What I have noticed though is that I tend to watch the little screen,
and that makes me mess up. Or at least it feels that way.
So I look away, that helps a little.
This song is fun to play.
I just wish the camera were not so crippling.
It's like I want to say, "I can play this song, I swear!"
But yet I can't prove it with a video.
Frustrating.

Aloha Tammy!
Have fun in HB! Have fun at Hearst Castle, that place is awesome.
I'll be in Huntington next Wednesday!

Yay Tammy there. Have fun. Central CA will be awesome. I jumped off the pier at Los Olivos once when the surf was huge. I think that is the last town before the town of population 100 or something. Just as you leave Morro Bay.

Yay Tammy there. Have fun. Central CA will be awesome. I jumped off the pier at Los Olivos once when the surf was huge. I think that is the last town before the town of population 100 or something. Just as you leave Morro Bay.

Nope it's cayucos. We used to go there for 4th of july. Good stuff.

TBUG was pretty good, the weather was great, sales were Ok, mainly it was nice seeing ukulele friends. Got home and the house was a mess, seems the kid just laid on the couch all weekend and made no effort to keep the place clean. So the first hour home we made him clean the house, not the best welcome home, but at least the animals were still alive and he hadn't burnt the place down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom