::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What???? Only 50% of high school kids in Rochester graduate? That's insane.

Yup. That's in the city school district, and may be among the lowest rates in the country. Elaine works in the suburban districts, where the rate is higher.

I just think it's ridiculous for the school board to be touting 50% as a success. They're not so much educators as they are politicians....

Rochester, the city proper, is also among the poorest in the country.

I wish I knew where the cycle of poverty, poor education, unemployment and crime ends.... :(

Rochester, the city proper, is also among the poorest in the country.

I wish I knew where the cycle of poverty, poor education, unemployment and crime ends.... :(

I think it was AARP who rated it as one of the best cities to retire in financially wise.

IMG_3930.jpgSeeso kicking cancers ass. This man has the very best attitude EVER!

My sister owns the house my mother grew up in. It's a big home, a two story Victorian place in a small town in western Washington state. It's got three big bedrooms, two baths and another complete 1 bedroom apartment upstairs with its own kitchen and bath. It's on a big corner lot and has a big attached greenhouse she built. There's a fish pond and gardens. Beautiful home, very interesting, it even has a turret.

She's getting it in shape to sell, she's going to buy a smaller place. I asked her what she was going to ask for it. 180-200 grand.

I could sell my trailer today and OWN THAT HOUSE!

I gotta get the hell out of so cal.

Yup. That's in the city school district, and may be among the lowest rates in the country. Elaine works in the suburban districts, where the rate is higher.

I just think it's ridiculous for the school board to be touting 50% as a success. They're not so much educators as they are politicians....

Seems typical of inner city districts. KCMO schools have never been fully accredited in the 17 years I've been in the area. On their 4th superintendent. They think it's a great city because it has BBQ, the Royals, & Chiefs. Those things are irrelevant.

My sister owns the house my mother grew up in. It's a big home, a two story Victorian place in a small town in western Washington state. It's got three big bedrooms, two baths and another complete 1 bedroom apartment upstairs with its own kitchen and bath. It's on a big corner lot and has a big attached greenhouse she built. There's a fish pond and gardens. Beautiful home, very interesting, it even has a turret.

She's getting it in shape to sell, she's going to buy a smaller place. I asked her what she was going to ask for it. 180-200 grand.

Do it!!

I see touting the improvement, with the caveat "We are still far, far from where we need to be - but we have improved and will continue to work hard to keep improving."

A TURRET??? BUY THAT HOUSE NOW!

I've always wanted a house with a turret library filled with fun paperback fiction.

Seems typical of inner city districts. KCMO schools have never been fully accredited in the 17 years I've been in the area. On their 4th superintendent. They think it's a great city because it has BBQ, the Royals, & Chiefs. Those things are irrelevant.

Um. Hello? BBQ? Seriously, what else do you need?

I see touting the improvement, with the caveat "We are still far, far from where we need to be - but we have improved and will continue to work hard to keep improving."

Yes, that would be a better approach.

From what I've heard, one of the district's biggest problems is truancy. You can't teach them if they aren't there....

A TURRET??? BUY THAT HOUSE NOW!

I've always wanted a house with a turret library filled with fun paperback fiction.

Or, a turret music room, with all sorts of ukes and other instruments! Guitars, basses, steel drums, whatever. Some comfy couches and a group of friends....

I always thought it would be cool to have an old house with a cupola with a great view. They're not uncommon on older houses out in the countryside around here....

Oooooh! Come next year! Dominator may come. He knows it too. Wow, oh, wow! That'd be a great performance.

Last time Dom asked if I knew Henehene Kou Aka too - and he showed me the riff for it. I am pretty sure we could have a killer little Hawaiian set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom