::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I will not be able to lift the upper units up onto the brackets by myself. They are heavy, and also bulky and awkward. I'm going to have to ask someone for help. It'll only take two minutes to lift them up there, then I'll be able to work with them by myself.

Maybe the sixteen year old kid who lives next door? I just know I don't need to hurt myself trying to get those up there....

Floor jack, perhaps?

We have had so little rain that the grass is turning brown.
The rain seems to come from your direction and then either peters out or splits and goes north and south of us. Then it comes back together after it passes us.
No destructive storms, please. But a little water for the plants and grass would be nice.

We've had a VERY moist summer. Usually by now I can cut back to mowing my brown grass every two weeks. Still green and growing vigorously this year.

Serious indecision. I went out to paint the wall in the garage, but I'm thinking I really like the looks of it as it is, with just the primer coat. The primer is like a light almond color, maybe tending toward light grey. The paint I bought is several shades darker, is called almond, but is more brownish.

On the one hand: I can't return the paint I paid $20 for, as I had it tinted.

On the other hand: I like the color of the primer better, and leaving it saves me the labor of painting it again. Also, the paint is twice as expensive as the primer, and eventually the rest of the garage will get painted, too. Doing just the primer cuts the cost of painting by 66%.

I think I've talked myself into leaving it as is. The only down side I can see is the $20 I wasted on paint. At this point, it's worth that much to me not to have to paint the wall again. Done deal....

We have had so little rain that the grass is turning brown.
The rain seems to come from your direction and then either peters out or splits and goes north and south of us. Then it comes back together after it passes us.
No destructive storms, please. But a little water for the plants and grass would be nice.

Our summer has been VERY wet and rainy. We've had rain almost daily, it seems. (Not really daily, but it feels that way)....

I've been putting up kitchen wall cabinets. Sometimes an extra set of hands are very useful. Even if it's just for a few minutes.

This is true. The brackets that will support these upper units are about at my eye level, so higher than kitchen cabinets. I haven't been able to come up with a jacking method that I think would lift them that high. I'm going to have to enlist some help....

IMG_20170820_1139470_rewind.jpg

Progress! I'm almost finished attaching everything to the wall. The next step will be a shorter, deeper unit, about 20 inches wide, that will butt right up to the left hand side of the tall unit. Then a workbench will extend over that lower unit, and run over to the recycling bin unit. There will be LED lighting over the workbench, under the upper units.

The recycling unit is meant to have one bin on top and one underneath, but I stuck them both underneath so I could set tools there, temporarily....

Each of those brackets is rated to support 1200 pounds, and everything is lag bolted into the studs. I don't think it's going anywhere....

Stormy morning. Thunderstorm began about 5 am and is just tailing off. Probably keep church attendance down a little. Too bad. Preacher is a dork, but the sermon has promise.

Yep, they stay away if it's stormy and they stay away if's it's sunny! Can't win!

Serious indecision. I went out to paint the wall in the garage, but I'm thinking I really like the looks of it as it is, with just the primer coat. The primer is like a light almond color, maybe tending toward light grey. The paint I bought is several shades darker, is called almond, but is more brownish.

On the one hand: I can't return the paint I paid $20 for, as I had it tinted.

On the other hand: I like the color of the primer better, and leaving it saves me the labor of painting it again. Also, the paint is twice as expensive as the primer, and eventually the rest of the garage will get painted, too. Doing just the primer cuts the cost of painting by 66%.

I think I've talked myself into leaving it as is. The only down side I can see is the $20 I wasted on paint. At this point, it's worth that much to me not to have to paint the wall again. Done deal....

Paint is never wasted. You'll find something else to paint. Why not paint the garage that color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom