::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently when you're standing in line for coffee and a stranger RUNS up to you and randomly blurts out "I'm Chinese!"

"I'm sorry" is not the answer they're looking for.

We went up to immigration in Indy yesterday. A Burmese guy approached us in the parking lot thinking Tookta and Matt were maybe Burmese. He needed help with his GPS. He said he was going to Ohio, he has lived in Indiana for 5 years but had never left the state and was going to Ohio. He also mentioned he was going to Ohio. I think he was expecting some big border crossing or something.

I can visualize this event happening. I just can't make sense of it.

It was very weird.

He ran in the door and straight up to me and not the ten other people in line. Blurted out what he had to say. I answered before my brain could check my tongue. He looked confused. Yelled "konichi-wa" and then ran out again. I didn't even get a chance to correct him. It should have been "Ohayogozaimasu"

He looked a little disheveled so I'm guessing homeless. The guys/girls at the counter said it's about the third time they've seen him run in.

It was very weird.

He ran in the door and straight up to me and not the ten other people in line. Blurted out what he had to say. I answered before my brain could check my tongue. He looked confused. Yelled "konichi-wa" and then ran out again. I didn't even get a chance to correct him. It should have been "Ohayogozaimasu"

He looked a little disheveled so I'm guessing homeless. The guys/girls at the counter said it's about the third time they've seen him run in.

Uhh OK

Good morningish! Finally made it to New Orleans after 17 hours backseat (mostly)car ride. It was actually fun as I've not been in this area before.

That was generous of you, they're very expensive.

df416b496550e9f174b7b44ff3f3fb7a.jpg

That's a real nice woody you have there, Rich.

So apparently when you're standing in line for coffee and a stranger RUNS up to you and randomly blurts out "I'm Chinese!"

"I'm sorry" is not the answer they're looking for.

No. This is the sort of thing that happens to Tammy, not you.

Long story, because I'm watching the computer count the amount of data in a folder in Colorado and since I'm in Oregon this can take a while sometimes.

I have worked for Kaiser Permanente for 30 years now - well, as of last December 22. Kaiser is pretty good about recognizing employee milestones, especially when you get up this high. Every five years you will be recognized for your years of service, including a nice certificate, a service pin, and a gift. Once you hit 20 years you start getting diamonds (real, albeit tiny, ones!) on your pin. So I should have 3 diamonds on my pin.

I say should have, because I have yet to see my service award. My (former) supervisor apparently left it sitting on his desk for the last three months. I asked a friend who is a supervisor how long it usually takes HR to process the awards - he said within 3 months of your anniversary date, tops. My former supervisor has moved on to a non-management role in our department, so last week instead of a meeting with a supervisor (vacant position now) I met with my director, and I asked him about it. That's when we found out former boss had it piled on his desk. Former boss apologized and swore he'd get it to me via UPS. This was last Tuesday. He finally said he got around to shipping it last Friday, to arrive this Tuesday. It didn't arrive. And didn't arrive Wednesday or yesterday, either. I did get hooked up with the fulfillment company that sends the gifts - so my gift is arriving today from them, but the certificate and pin are still AWOL.

Now, I'm not that distraught because this isn't something I need to do my job. However, 30 years is a long time to spend with a company, especially when not all of it has been very pleasant. I'm getting pissed (not distraught - but pissed) with the old manager; today I will let him know that hey - the package hasn't arrived! Can we check the tracking number?

Anyway, I see my data count is done - 243MB - and I can get back to work. If you're still with me, thanks for tuning in to this stream of consciousness.

Jon, they just don’t get it. It’s stuff like this that make great employees like you walk after 30 years. Irritates the crap out of me. It’s would be such a simple thing to fix, and should have been done months ago. Idiots.

Jon, they just don’t get it. It’s stuff like this that make great employees like you walk after 30 years. Irritates the crap out of me. It’s would be such a simple thing to fix, and should have been done months ago. Idiots.

Yep. This is really on the shoulders of the former supervisor who, while a super nice guy, was a really incompetent leader. He should never have been put in the position and I have a feeling there's a lot more "we're moving you to a non-management role rather than letting you go because your technical skills are solid" than there is "congratulations on pursuing the next step in your career." Regardless - it's a s** move and I'm not happy at all.

Yep. This is really on the shoulders of the former supervisor who, while a super nice guy, was a really incompetent leader. He should never have been put in the position and I have a feeling there's a lot more "we're moving you to a non-management role rather than letting you go because your technical skills are solid" than there is "congratulations on pursuing the next step in your career." Regardless - it's a s** move and I'm not happy at all.

And here's the thing - I have accounts at UPS and FedEx so if something is on its way to me I get notified by email. That's how I know the gift is coming from the fulfillment company - I got an email from UPS saying I should expect the delivery today, even though I just got a confirmation (but no tracking number) from the fulfillment company. NO email from UPS regarding a package from Kaiser in Corona, California.

It was very weird.

Was he even Asian?

Soon. You can walk away soon.

And on to your calling. That's gotta feel good.

If it were me, I might have to start joking around about "starting to get the hint that I'm not wanted." and see how quick they respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom