::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried this, and it works. But, mine changes from auto-rotate to portrait (which works for me), without offering landscape. Maybe ours are different generations?

I figured it out. If I START in landscape it toggles between that and auto-rotate. If I start in portrait, it toggles between portrait and auto.

See? You CAN teach an old dog new tricks....;)

Just watched "The Founder" on Netflix. It's about the history of Mc Donald's and Ray Kroc. It's well done. He was a great businessman and a real asshole.

Our third-string pastor did the sermon on Sunday and rocked the house. He referred to the Neo-Nazis as "Jackasses...I mean, I mean, children of God." He was brutal and honest and funny - it was fantastic.

Perfect! I got chewed out royally on Sunday for telling the children there was hate and bad things in the world. I had a pic of a dandelion poking through cement and told them God's love was stronger than hate and that we should be that way, too.

The lady chewed me out at the door as others watched. She said I was full of anger and that children needed to hear happy things and goodness not hate. Hm . . . I guess God's love doesn't qualify as a good thing to her. :confused: And the anger she heard was her own voice, not mine.

She had already spoken out after my offertory prayer loud enough to be heard. "What did that have to do with the offering?!" She was mad because I had prayed about the hatred and injustice in the world.

Oh, she's a strong supporter of "He who shall not be named".

I have an appointment this afternoon for a hearing test, and to see about replacing my hearing aids. They are at the end of their life expectancy, and don't seem as effective as before.

When I bought this pair, my insurance didn't cover any of it, and it was $5K out-of-pocket. Now, my insurance covers $2500 towards them, no more than once in three years.

If I end up getting new ones, and I think I will, it won't hurt nearly as badly as it did last time....

Mine were $4000 and my insurance paid $500. How can they do that?! These stupid things are a work necessity!

My 5th period class is straight out of Cuckoo's nest.

9, NINE, SPED kids and 8, yes EIGHT 504 kids out of 23 students.

WTH?!

I have been told I have a runner in my class this year. The teacher said when he runs, lock the door because when he comes back inside, he rips everything off the walls.

I also have two more that have behavorial referrals.

Oh joy.

"Oh, you work so well with those students."

I do.

But not that many all at once. 2 or 3 maybe, but not the whole class. Plus one of them is ED and violent in nature.

I really don't get paid enough for this. I love the SPED kids and I do work well with them but this class is too hyper and they tend to egg each other on. I feel like I need a chair and a whip.

I've never had a class like this in twenty years of teaching. It's going to be a long one.

I SO hate it when they say that.

I figured it out. If I START in landscape it toggles between that and auto-rotate. If I start in portrait, it toggles between portrait and auto.

See? You CAN teach an old dog new tricks....;)

I knew you could do it!

I think I am going to drop out of this add on licensure thing. I think it is too much to try to do with all of the new changes we are implementing. I won't be able to do it justice and my heart is not in it right now.

I think I am going to drop out of this add on licensure thing. I think it is too much to try to do with all of the new changes we are implementing. I won't be able to do it justice and my heart is not in it right now.

I'm sad about this. You don't have to do it justice, do enough to get the credential and fill in the "justice" as you go along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom