::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top secret birthday plans are in the works. I have almost blown it like 17 times.
Last night she grabbed my phone to watch a video and I was in terror that her sister would text and she would see the whole thing!
It is going to be so fun!
Really looking forward to it.

Going to a 1 year birthday for a friend at a local beach today. It has been rainy recently but today is GLORIOUS. Really looking forward to jumping in the ocean.
Also Nanilei baked 140 cupcakes yesterday for the party.
When we dropped them off at the birthday boy's mom's house, it smelled so good whatever she was cooking for the party, some kind of roast or stew maybe, YUM.
Today will be a good day!

Great Vigil of Easter worship begins soon. This is our version of the oldest liturgy in western Christendom, dating to 215ce. New Fire. New Paschal Candle. The Saving Deeds of God through Israel's history. Renewal of Baptism vows. The first Eucharistic celebration of the Easter season.

For those who attend this service their lenten fast ends 12 hours early.
(How's that for motivation?)

Full day of track meet today, got up at the butt crack of dawn and drove 2 hours to Terra Haute. It was an invitational, maybe 8 teams. The weather was nice, but got to be about 80 and sunny. I burned my knees pretty bad. It was a long day. On the upside, Matt placed 2nd in the 100 meter.

Full day of track meet today, got up at the butt crack of dawn and drove 2 hours to Terra Haute. It was an invitational, maybe 8 teams. The weather was nice, but got to be about 80 and sunny. I burned my knees pretty bad. It was a long day. On the upside, Matt placed 2nd in the 100 meter.
Nice day! 80, huh?

Tell Matt congrats.

I've been a busy dog mommy lately. Callie is settling in nicely. Her personality is coming out more and more. She's opinionated and pretty much only does stuff if there's something she wants out of the exchange. It's like dealing with a teenager.

It's been a gorgeous day here. I took a nap out on the deck this afternoon. It's still a little on the cool side, but I'll take that over cold and rainy.

Had a great day at the beach. The father of the birthday baby's family flew out from Virginia,
it was their first time in Hawaii. He is in the Navy. Anyway I got charged (I volunteered) to take their three kids for a swim in the surf, they did really well and we all had lots of fun. Food was good, kalua pig, hot dogs, chop suey,
baked beans, teriyaki chicken, noodles, rice, it was all good.
I did pretty well not overeating. Nanilei's cupcakes were a big hit as usual. We made some new friends, too bad they are going back to Virginia on Thursday.

Went out for breakfast this morning and then we went thru all of our camping stuff reorganizing it. Mike took it all over to our storage to put away. Penny and I went to Katie's and we went to get pedicures. Then we picked up a surprisingly really good vegan pizza and went back to Katie's house to watch SNL. It was live even on the west coast at 8:30 tonight. Home meow watching Coachella live on YouTube. Lady GaGas on stage right now.

Tomorrow the kids are coming over. We're going to pack a really good lunch and walk over to the beach. After we come home I'll barbecue burgers and we'll color eggs for fun and have dessert.

My fingers are crossed that Michael gets to call home tomorrow. It feels like it's been forever since I talked with him. I miss him terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom