::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Gail (Surya (sp?)) from Strawberry Fields around town pretty often. She never asks me why no one rents from her anymore.

That woman's a bit interesting?

The last year we rented it she came by on Friday morning. We rented it from Thursday to Saturday. She didn't knock, she just barged in the front door and went over to the recycling corner and started separating stuff (the containers were already full when we got there on Thursday.) She didn't say hello, or I'll be outta your way in a minute, or anything. We were all just getting up and making coffee and this wild woman was throwing glass and plastic bottles around the kitchen. I was like, "who the **** is that?"

The next morning she just stood outside screaming at the house to move our cars. One was parked halfway on the adjoining property and she yelled that the owners would be mad. The adjoining property had a yard that's weeds were taller than me, I seriously doubt anyone had been there in years. (That's where Andy and I rescued the Cardinal bird). We moved our cars.

And the place was filthy that year. Nope, won't be renting that place ever again.

O

Yosemite is magical in itself.

After a fresh snowfall it's unbelievable.

I've never been there, Mike has as a kid. I found a groupon for two nights in a hotel near the entrance, a really great deal. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

I've never been there, Mike has as a kid. I found a groupon for two nights in a hotel near the entrance, a really great deal. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

When you drive in and come around the bend and half dome is visible. It'll be a permanent memory. I guarantee it!

When you drive in and come around the bend and half dome is visible. It'll be a permanent memory. I guarantee it!

Can't wait. I LOVE all the rock climbing PBS shows about Yosemite. Mike was a crazy boulderer when we first met.

Mike always talks about the fire falls they used to do there. For obvious environmental reasons they stopped them forever ago but he got to see them as a kid. They would build a giant fire on a cliff at dusk and then when it was dark a bulldozer would push it over the edge.

Can't wait. I LOVE all the rock climbing PBS shows about Yosemite. Mike was a crazy boulderer when we first met.

Mike always talks about the fire falls they used to do there. For obvious environmental reasons they stopped them forever ago but he got to see them as a kid. They would build a giant fire on a cliff at dusk and then when it was dark a bulldozer would push it over the edge.

I saw that as a kid as well.

They used to do an "I see the light" laser show as well. It started with Roundabout.

That woman's a bit interesting?

The last year we rented it she came by on Friday morning. We rented it from Thursday to Saturday. She didn't knock, she just barged in the front door and went over to the recycling corner and started separating stuff (the containers were already full when we got there on Thursday.) She didn't say hello, or I'll be outta your way in a minute, or anything. We were all just getting up and making coffee and this wild woman was throwing glass and plastic bottles around the kitchen. I was like, "who the **** is that?"

The next morning she just stood outside screaming at the house to move our cars. One was parked halfway on the adjoining property and she yelled that the owners would be mad. The adjoining property had a yard that's weeds were taller than me, I seriously doubt anyone had been there in years. (That's where Andy and I rescued the Cardinal bird). We moved our cars.

And the place was filthy that year. Nope, won't be renting that place ever again.

O

I remember that. Man, she was an oddball. I remember when she was walking around the place I was thinking, "Just because you own the place doesn't mean you can walk around like you own the place."

Off to get my new glasses. I hope I like them. I hope I see better. The past few days have been just horrible.
It's not my favourite thing to do -- buy new frames when ya can't see them.

When I was about 21 I got a lift to Yosemite from a couple that I had just met a bar the night before. They had summer jobs there and a spare seat. They dropped me off at the park, I hiked around for a couple of days and hitchhiked back to Indiana. I was pretty crazy when I was young.

When I was about 21 I got a lift to Yosemite from a couple that I had just met a bar the night before. They had summer jobs there and a spare seat. They dropped me off at the park, I hiked around for a couple of days and hitchhiked back to Indiana. I was pretty crazy when I was young.

But you have the best stories/experiences!!

I remember that. Man, she was an oddball. I remember when she was walking around the place I was thinking, "Just because you own the place doesn't mean you can walk around like you own the place."

Snork. But when you rent a place you don't expect the owner to come barging in during your stay to collect her recyclables. She should have collected after the last rental and before we showed up.

Off to get my new glasses. I hope I like them. I hope I see better. The past few days have been just horrible.
It's not my favourite thing to do -- buy new frames when ya can't see them.

That's why I take Sheryl.

Or go with the same thing I have liked in the past, which is what I will do next time I get new glasses.

Snork. But when you rent a place you don't expect the owner to come barging in during your stay to collect her recyclables. She should have collected after the last rental and before we showed up.

That was exactly what I meant - when you rent a place out you have to respect the tenants as though it was their home, giving notice of entry and all that stuff. You (legally) can't enter without permission unless it's an emergency.

That's why I take Sheryl.

Or go with the same thing I have liked in the past, which is what I will do next time I get new glasses.

I like them! I see better!

I bought them at the place I had my exam. Last time I went to a snooty place because we had insurance money to waste. That was a mistake. The tech actually picked these. He did good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom