Page 4748 of 4846 FirstFirst ... 374842484648469847384746474747484749475047584798 ... LastLast
Results 47,471 to 47,480 of 48451

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

  1. #47471
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    38,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    Emma is a great cook, but slow as molasses going uphill in winter. I try to be patient, I really do.
    I'm learning that James is willing to try more if he has a hand in cooking it. He used to eat everything but last year he started getting picky and all of a sudden didn't like stuff he used to love.

    First I went with the "you get what you get and you don't have a fit" rule, and he would eat and not complain but it just wasn't like he used to eat. Since I started having him help me more he's back to commenting "this is yummy" "you're a great chef papa" etc., and he's eating the stuff he "doesn't like."
    9:23448

    Passionately Untalented

    Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

    Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

  2. #47472
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    38,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I'm learning that James is willing to try more if he has a hand in cooking it. He used to eat everything but last year he started getting picky and all of a sudden didn't like stuff he used to love.

    First I went with the "you get what you get and you don't have a fit" rule, and he would eat and not complain but it just wasn't like he used to eat. Since I started having him help me more he's back to commenting "this is yummy" "you're a great chef papa" etc., and he's eating the stuff he "doesn't like."

    The other thing I noticed that was starting to bother me is the influence of other kids. He never used to snack on potato chips and candy but now all of a sudden he wants Taki's every day after school and other types of junk food.

    When he helps me cook I can tell him about fresh versus processed and he listens. He told my wife he didn't want a smoothie after looking to see how much sugar it had in it. "This is more grams of sugar than you're supposed to eat all day and I had a candy bar at lunch that Maya gave me."

    Not perfect, but he's getting it.
    9:23448

    Passionately Untalented

    Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

    Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

  3. #47473
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brown County Indiana
    Posts
    11,169

    Default

    I like cooking, but tend to get distracted or wander off in the middle of things.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

    UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

    Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

  4. #47474
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    38,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    I like cooking, but tend to get distracted or wander off in the middle of things.
    Burn things much?
    9:23448

    Passionately Untalented

    Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

    Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

  5. #47475
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    38,532

    Default

    I'm trying to figure out when I have time to smoke a full plate, short ribs.

    I've been reading up on it and it says anywhere from 5-9 hours.
    9:23448

    Passionately Untalented

    Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

    Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

  6. #47476
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brown County Indiana
    Posts
    11,169

    Default

    So the local radio station wants to interview me about BCUF. I told them I'm really not interested, but they are still trying. Firstly, I don't really like doing that sort of thing. I've done it before and I'm pretty good at it, but it's not my idea of fun. Secondly, it's nearly sold out, which leads me to the final big reason. Locals want to get in for free. Since UWC is free and last year was free, I get people feeling entitled to get in for free. It's annoying as hell. Instead of gratitude, I get moochers. Some of these people come to UWC every year and came to BCUF last year, so that's maybe 11 free events on my tab that they have enjoyed, but they don't want to pay for one.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

    UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

    Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

  7. #47477
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brown County Indiana
    Posts
    11,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    Burn things much?
    Oh yeah, often.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

    UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

    Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

  8. #47478
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Southwest Michigan
    Posts
    17,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    So the local radio station wants to interview me about BCUF. I told them I'm really not interested, but they are still trying. Firstly, I don't really like doing that sort of thing. I've done it before and I'm pretty good at it, but it's not my idea of fun. Secondly, it's nearly sold out, which leads me to the final big reason. Locals want to get in for free. Since UWC is free and last year was free, I get people feeling entitled to get in for free. It's annoying as hell. Instead of gratitude, I get moochers. Some of these people come to UWC every year and came to BCUF last year, so that's maybe 11 free events on my tab that they have enjoyed, but they don't want to pay for one.
    Well there's a big difference between a community campout and talent show and a workshop and concert weekend. Maybe the radio show would help make the distinction?
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

    Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

  9. #47479
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    38,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    So the local radio station wants to interview me about BCUF. I told them I'm really not interested, but they are still trying. Firstly, I don't really like doing that sort of thing. I've done it before and I'm pretty good at it, but it's not my idea of fun. Secondly, it's nearly sold out, which leads me to the final big reason. Locals want to get in for free. Since UWC is free and last year was free, I get people feeling entitled to get in for free. It's annoying as hell. Instead of gratitude, I get moochers. Some of these people come to UWC every year and came to BCUF last year, so that's maybe 11 free events on my tab that they have enjoyed, but they don't want to pay for one.
    Maybe they're under the perception that you make money off of UWC? Maybe that could be a point you can clear up?
    9:23448

    Passionately Untalented

    Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

    Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

  10. #47480
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brown County Indiana
    Posts
    11,169

    Default

    There isn't any confusion. It's the old give people something for free long enough and they come to expect it.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

    UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

    Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 14 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 14 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •