::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh fearless leader I need a favor from you.

I bought a Komodo Acorn but it arrived looking like it dropped off the truck on the free way. UPS must have done it because they tried to deliver one day and then skipped a day that it was supposed to be delivered when we called and then they just left it without a signature. EVERYTHING delivered to my house gets a signature or we pick it up at a designated drop off location.

Anyhow, Amazon gave us a fair discount if we kept it so I'm inventorying parts. We're missing the axle for the big wheels. Would you be able to go out and measure outside wheel to outside wheel on yours for me? If I know the length I think I'm just going to run to the hardware store and buy a length of rod and use that. The big box hardware stores don't have any in bbq's in stock and I can't find the dimensions on the website. If worse comes to worse I'll buy it big and cut it down myself but it would be easier to know an approximate length.

Thank you, thank you, thank you (if you can do it; if not, only one thank you anyhow :) )

Sure Gary - sorry I'm late answering! Hit me up on Facebook tonight if I don't get back to you after work.

But, isn't stretching what causes the pain to begin with?

Lack of stretching them on a regular basis causes atrophy. Muscles eventually will waste away. If you stretch them a little bit everyday your muscles will build and stay elastic. Then when you do use them they won't be so taxed and will hurt less.

I believe they're obligated to remediate in order to sell, aren't they? We were, when we sold our house....

Around here if an environmental-type issue is discovered prior to the sale the seller is obligated to fix it. My mom bought a house that had oil heat - fortunately her home inspector discovered that the tank was leaking, which immediately flags it as an environmental issue. The sellers had to remove the tank and have the soil around it remediated. Fortunately for them my mom planned to have gas run to the house anyway, so the sellers didn't have to pay to have a new tank installed - just the old one removed and remediated.

So, Brown County has several scholarships for graduating seniors, I'm starting to realize that for once being in a county with a small population is going to help us. Matt figures there are about 100 seniors in his school, he thinks maybe 50 will go to college, out of that maybe 25 will apply for scholarships. I'm starting to like our odds.

Said hello and happy birthday from the gang to Richard West on FB. Told him we missed him and Kim and wished them well.

Komodo Acorn grill (Jon's grill) is all assembled and right now I've got it fired up and just burning off all the gunk that might be in there.

We took the one that looked like it got dropped off a truck, it's got a couple dents, it was missing an axle and some bolts but they knocked 30% off the price so about $90.00. The missing parts cost me $2.59 at the hardware store for an aluminum rod for the axle and a few 1/4 20 bolts.

Oh, awesome! I was going to do a brisket yesterday (isn't Labor Day the unofficial "cook meat outside day"?), but the smoke and fire danger situation has outdoor grilling banned right now.

So, Brown County has several scholarships for graduating seniors, I'm starting to realize that for once being in a county with a small population is going to help us. Matt figures there are about 100 seniors in his school, he thinks maybe 50 will go to college, out of that maybe 25 will apply for scholarships. I'm starting to like our odds.
That's great news! Does Matt have an idea of what he wants to take?

Oh, awesome! I was going to do a brisket yesterday (isn't Labor Day the unofficial "cook meat outside day"?), but the smoke and fire danger situation has outdoor grilling banned right now.

Tell me how you smoke a brisket Jon. I've don't them before but my pork roast turn out better. Maybe it's just the lack of fat?

I think I'll play with it this all week to figure out how to control the temperature and next weekend I want to try smoking something like a turkey.

If you plan on using it as a smoker the smoking stone is a really worthwhile accessory - it allows you to drop the heat lower easier and makes all heat in the grill indirect. I place a tin of water on top of the smoking stone while using as a smoker to keep the humidity up in the thing too - works great. Char-Griller's website is great - pretty much all parts possible are available through them - you probably could have gotten the axle and bolts if you hadn't been handy enough to figure it out yourself.

My friend who owns the hardware store I went to, carries both the Komodo Acorn and the big green egg. He said if I like the acorn he'll give me a deal on the egg because it is that much better and easier to cook with.

Mika already wants the egg. If it is that much better, I guess my dad has a Komodo Akorn in his future :)

I have nothing but love for my Akorn. If an egg is even easier I'm sure you'd just have to look at it for your meat to be done, because my Akorn is the easiest and best grill I've ever owned.

No shoot guns blow stuff up go up in airplanes all most died yesterday.

A weekend in which you almost died but didn't - and you still say you had fun? THAT sounds like an awesome weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom