Page 4070 of 4070 FirstFirst ... 30703570397040204060406840694070
Results 40,691 to 40,696 of 40696

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    You know, I can't find one vet I know who thinks the NFL protest is demeaning to the flag, anthem or military.
    I know one. A friend from my old church. She is a vet and her son just joined the Army. She posted on FB that this was an attack on the military. I responded that I expected her son to be a bastion against that kind of thinking - that forced patriotism isn't patriotism at all.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    You know, I can't find one vet I know who thinks the NFL protest is demeaning to the flag, anthem or military.
    Gary, I'm a vet, and I'll throw my two cents in. I fully support any American's right to protest peacefully, whether I agree with their position, or not. I stood ready to fight, and perhaps die, to defend that right.

I also feel the NFL protests fall into the category of there being a time and a place for everything. NFL football games seem not to be the right time or place, to me. Why can't these players stage their protests on their own time? The media would still show up to hear what they want to say.

And, maybe it's just me, but it seems a little ironic for men who get paid millions of dollars to play a game to use that game complain about racial inequality. Discrimination against their race and ethnicity didn't keep them from a level of success that most Americans will never achieve.

Yes, I feel it's disrespectful of the anthem. BUT, it is certainly their right to do so....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Gary, I'm a vet, and I'll throw my two cents in. I fully support any American's right to protest peacefully, whether I agree with their position, or not. I stood ready to fight, and perhaps die, to defend that right.

I also feel the NFL protests fall into the category of there being a time and a place for everything. NFL football games seem not to be the right time or place, to me. Why can't these players stage their protests on their own time? The media would still show up to hear what they want to say.

And, maybe it's just me, but it seems a little ironic for men who get paid millions of dollars to play a game to use that game complain about racial inequality. Discrimination against their race and ethnicity didn't keep them from a level of success that most Americans will never achieve.

Yes, I feel it's disrespectful of the anthem. BUT, it is certainly their right to do so....
    I found two among my high school friends. One said something similar to what you just wrote and the other is kind of a mouth breather, trump supporter can't think for himself kind of guy.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

. . . and thanks Don. I get it. I get both sides.

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Until the last few days I thought Ali protested to avoid the draft and John Carlos and Tommie Smith were just militant and defiant.

I really am starting to get a better understanding of the larger problem that I didn't understand before. At least I think I am.

I'm not sure if the anthem is the most appropriate time to protest but it is peaceful and it is a huge stage to get your message out, if the media doesn't cloud your message with rhetoric to distract from the main issues.

It's a huge issue that many people don't want to acknowledge or admit.

Passionately Untalented

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    Hmm...maybe we should encourage that in a state-sponsored breeding plan?
    Ahem. No eugenics please.
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger." "Frequently Asked Questions", Evan Eisenberg, Atlantic Monthly

"Never let the lyric get in the way of the groove." Allee Willis, songwriter

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." Albert Einstein

Thread Information