::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, but I'm working myself to death! And my new meds have stopped working so well (almost time to increase dosage) so my anxiety is pretty high. I had a bitchin panic attack Sunday. I have a conference tomorrow and Hugo is going with me. Did I mention he has started his service dog training?

That is perfect. I saw him in his new threads on FB. I think it's wonderful.

Is she letting you pet and nuzzle her?

Pet, yes. She is so loving. I can scratch her and brush her. She purrs so loudly! She will roll over and stretch.

She isn't quite ready for nuzzles. She will touch my nose with her nose some, but she is still a little scared.

We thought it might be weird if he recognized me or the wife. And since things happened with his ex we didn't think we should show up and grab a drink and him recognize us. Especially since we are having a plumber come out tomorrow to assess the sewer and bathroom and the radon came back freekinn high again. So we know the electric needs to be done, radon remediation needs to happen, the sewer line needs attention, and the bathroom is leaking. So we will see. This $95 visit could save us some money or cost us the house. The Realtors that have it listed will also be present so it's not like we are pulling numbers from our arse
This situation does not sound good. It sounds like you would be getting something that you may regret later.

I say look for a rental.

Pet, yes. She is so loving. I can scratch her and brush her. She purrs so loudly! She will roll over and stretch.

She isn't quite ready for nuzzles. She will touch my nose with her nose some, but she is still a little scared.

Oh good. Glad she's a lover.

This situation does not sound good. It sounds like you would be getting something that you may regret later.

I say look for a rental.
I'm starting to agree. Man, you don't want to have to deal with sewer line leaks. If you rent, you'll be able to relax a bit, not deal with your MIL indefinitely, and you can take your time shopping for the perfect house with no pressure to settle for something not exactly perfect.

We have had six days of 90+ degrees. Setting records. I think its supposed to be ninety tomorrow. The whole rest of the summer we probably had three or four 90 degree days. Starting Wednesday it's supposed to get a little closer to normal.

Thank you for the Quicksilver offer Damon, that was very nice of you.

So here's a thing.

I figure Silicon Valley, LA, NY and maybe Boston are the most diverse areas in the country and should therefore be less racist for lack of a better term. Tonight I stopped at a BBQ joint to pick up some dinner. After I got my food I poked my head in the bar to see the score of the football game.

"You Asians sure love our American BBQ. Those Japanese fellas across the street are here almost every day." (There's a new poke shop across the street). I don't know what it is, the way he said "our" or just the sheer number of racial comments I've heard directed at me in the last year, More than my entire life added together, but I couldn't just walk away.

I'm pretty sure I'm American. And if you're measuring by how long your family has been here I'm probably more "American" than you. Now if you're measuring being "American" because you're white, you got me there, but that also means your impossibly ignorant too. And just an FYI, by ignorant I'm politely saying stupid.

"That's not what I meant."

"You Asians sure love OUR American BBQ." Who do you mean by "our"? Your using "our" is saying that I'm not the same as you which means you think that I'm not American. It may not be what you meant to say, but your meaning is loud and clear and so is your ignorance.

When I left the bartender chased after me to apologize. I was still pissed and said his silence during that whole thing perpetuates and emboldens people like his regular. It makes them feel they're right and justifies their ignorant comments.

I'm getting more and more angry when instances like this happens because it's happening noticeably more often. I can't imagine what it's like to live somewhere other than the Bay Area. I can't even fathom what it must be like to be black.

So disappointed in us, and scared of the world that awaits my son.

Trying to not be angry but It's so frustrating.

I think that's why I feel so at home in Hawaii. Most everyone looks like me. It also makes me sad because growing up in my tight knit neighborhood we were all just friends. No colors or races, just good friends.

Actually it might be because of the diversity that racism is more prevalent. "White" is no longer the majority in this area and that scares and sometimes angers people.

At least this space feels safe and accepting. We're all just uke peeps and PoHos here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom